Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act  (Read 17954 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 07, 2009, 10:07:40 PM »

Because the Northeast isn't exactly well off and we deserve a Senator who will fight for us, not fail regions that can't modernize their economies.

Thats why we in the South need the money we are getting and the Mideast needs there share, to modernise.

I hope this passes. I have some good plans for the $22 Billion the DS will get. I don't know if the Stimulus will allow us to spend it on new things(since we have very little already) but I was hoping to take $5 to $10 billion and introduce an iniative that would create dozens of scholarships, and grants for college(For 4 year, 2 year and technical colleges as well); invest in scientific research to like Biomed and Biomass; and invest in some building some new high schools. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:07:41 PM »

Because the Northeast isn't exactly well off and we deserve a Senator who will fight for us, not fail regions that can't modernize their economies.

And your not a California elitist? Trust me, it shows.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »

By that logic, Tmthforu94 should be defeated.
Well, obviously you don't want to make a positive impact on the region if you aren't willing to embrace progress. You prefer to keep the Mideast and Atlasia as a whole at a huge disadvantage by constantly fighting against free trade agreements that will provide economic oppurtunities for Mideasterners. Mideasterners will be selling their goods at cheaper prices with the free trade agreements you always oppose. Oh, you do support one with Israel though. I wonder why?
(That's how you point an opponents weaknesses out with some substance, btw)

Remember our currency is traded in relation to the RL dollar and since it is falling fast the idea that trade hurts Manufacturing is going to be obsolete. Trade will actually benefit Manufacturing in the future.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:08:08 PM »

That was a year ago. And with comments such as wanting to burn Tehran to the ground, I think it is very obvious that you strongly support Israel.

It's really sad that you're having to resort to name calling. Sad That won't get you anywhere in life.

Also, NC Yank wants to say In the future currency values will make opposition to trade by Pro-Labor people as absolete as the Model T but knows it won't be posted for hours thanks to the mods...

You have at least spelled obsolete right. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 10:08:09 PM »

That was a year ago. And with comments such as wanting to burn Tehran to the ground, I think it is very obvious that you strongly support Israel.

Yes, I strongly support Israel.  However, you are deceiving people by saying that I support Israel at the expense of Atlasia, or that I support an FTA with them, when I don't.  You're lying, and that is why I'm angry; I expected better of you.

It's really sad that you're having to resort to name calling. Sad That won't get you anywhere in life.

Also, NC Yank wants to say In the future currency values will make opposition to trade by Pro-Labor people as absolete as the Model T but knows it won't be posted for hours thanks to the mods...

I also agree that Yank shouldn't be on mod review, off-topic though that is.

Thanks for the consideration. Leip said I only have "short time" to wait before it expires.

"Short Time" sounds almost terminal doesn't it. Wink  "You only have a short time, whereas you have a little while. Just a little while longer."   Okay thats enough George Carlin for one night.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 04:30:26 PM »

We might be close to them in terms of unemployment but we also have an unfortunate deficit we need to fill a California, and other heavily populated states in our region, need to maintain their public services and prevent layoffs.

The NE is in bad shape too, it's just the best off.

Are you going to respond to my PM asking a technical question about the stimulus money soon?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »

NAY

Don Young Imitation(This is satire for those that are unsure)

HOW DARE YOU TOUCH "MY MONEY", I DON'T COME AFTER "YOUR MONEY", HOW DARE YOU COME AFTER "MINE".  Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 06:23:01 PM »

Well, considering the Dirty South will just burn all of the money, why not distribute that money to other regions Tongue

Actually I have great plans for the money. I won't let them hippies burn it thats for sure. We want good teachers, new high schools, Financial aid for higher education, investments in technology and research, a chicken in every pot, a car in every garage, and partridge in a pear tree. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 07:17:57 PM »

Well, considering the Dirty South will just burn all of the money, why not distribute that money to other regions Tongue

Actually I have great plans for the money. I won't let them hippies burn it thats for sure. We want good teachers, new high schools, Financial aid for higher education, investments in technology and research, a chicken in every pot, a car in every garage, and partridge in a pear tree. Tongue

Good luck getting the anarchists to accept that Tongue

Yea many of them probably don't even want the partridge in a pear tree. I will try to persuade them.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »

Which reminds me, I sent a PM to Marokai two days ago asking a question about the stimulus money and he hasn't responded. Angry
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 08:46:54 PM »

Which reminds me, I sent a PM to Marokai two days ago asking a question about the stimulus money and he hasn't responded. Angry

Oh Marokai, I know you must have read this. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 08:51:06 PM »

Oh Marokai, I know you must have read this. 

I did read it, but you're off mod review, so can't you mold the plan now? Tongue

Marokai what are you talking about?  It was a technical question not a request. I wanted to know if the stimulus money had to go to existing programs or if the DS for instance could create new programs with it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »

Now you gone too far. And to beleive that you could be so no-count as to come after my money, I don't come after your money. Think outside the box, make it conditional. If the SE tries to burn the money the Feds can seize it but don't cut my money, you will ruin my plans and ensure that the 16.5 million you do give me does get burned. Your evil, and I will fight your evil amendment all the way, and If I could I would turn you into a fish over this. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »

lol...Cheesy
I'm not thinking for my region, I'm thinking for whats right. The Mideast needs the money worse, and we will be able to put this money to good use. I am unsure whether the DS will be able to do the same.
Just be glad this little pig didn't try and cut all of your money!!!

You might as well have, cause with this limited amount my plans are unworkable and so the rest would be more likely to be burned then the $22 Billion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 09:43:47 PM »

The Midwest should get more money because this puppy thinks we should.

So, if you don't give us more money, you're ignoring this puppy, and that is just sick.

No, not the sorrowful eyes routine, anything but that, anything but that. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »

As Lt. Governor of the Dirty South, I will oppose any measure to destroy any money allotted to our region. I might support an initiative to refund it to the taxpayers, but destroying it is just silly.

My plan was to take part of it and give out as tax cuts to small Businesses. But my main prorities was to aim it at Education, research, you know just the thing that are in your Platform. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »

As Lt. Governor of the Dirty South, I will oppose any measure to destroy any money allotted to our region. I might support an initiative to refund it to the taxpayers, but destroying it is just silly.
We could use the initiative process to allow our region's citizens to choose what they want to do with the money, but judging from the response to my latest initiative proposal people seem to think the idea is an affront to common decency.

Dan you offered an intiative to just reject it entirely and we need that money in one form or another.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »

I call on the Senate to reject Tmth's unfair and insane allocation of the Releif money. Its taking a region based on unfounded rumors and half truths just so he can have something to brag about in his campaign. Does he not realise the economics of the decision. If the DS gets worse it will damage the mideast economy as well as the economies of the Atlasia and the world.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

We're in complete agreement here, the Northeast doesn't really need much money.

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.

Damn it. Read the GM numbers, read my post on page 4. I've been over my reasons a million times.

Pray tell, how much do you propose?

MAybe he wants it all. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 02:00:10 PM »

It is unfair to single out one region in this legislation.  I will vote no to this amendment as it is written.  I would support imposing requirements upon the regions for getting the money, but the requirements must apply equally to every region, not just the Southeast.

Doesn't section three already deal with that?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 04:56:35 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2009, 05:03:05 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

GM Purple State has recommended how much money should be proportioned to each region. I urge my fellow Senators to follow the GM's advice on these numbers.

With that, the GM recommends the following apportionment of funds by region in descending order:
Mideast = $32 billion
This should be used to pay back short-term government obligations. The $32 billion will not be entirely sufficient and so there will be no residual funds.

Southeast = $24 billion
This should be used to close the budget deficit with all residual funds used to begin shovel-ready construction projects and other stimulative spending. Using the money for tax cuts or rebates would be a grave mistake.

Midwest = $22 billion
This should be used to close the budget deficit with all residual funds used to begin shovel-ready construction projects and other stimulative spending.

Pacific = $15 billion
This should be used entirely to fill the current budget deficit.

Northeast = $7 billion
This should be used to restart the financial and credit markets, as well as fund any short-term deficit spending incurred by the region to weather the current recession.

I accept the numbers but I disagree on some of the recommendations. I think the DS should be allowed to put some of the money in education/Research/Small Business as well as infrastructure. We could create a 470,000 jobs in small business by using just $8 billion of that $24 Billion and giving it out as an  2 $8500 tax credits(One per year) for every job created by a small business.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 07:38:30 AM »

GM Purple State has recommended how much money should be proportioned to each region. I urge my fellow Senators to follow the GM's advice on these numbers.

With that, the GM recommends the following apportionment of funds by region in descending order:
Mideast = $32 billion
This should be used to pay back short-term government obligations. The $32 billion will not be entirely sufficient and so there will be no residual funds.

Southeast = $24 billion
This should be used to close the budget deficit with all residual funds used to begin shovel-ready construction projects and other stimulative spending. Using the money for tax cuts or rebates would be a grave mistake.

Midwest = $22 billion
This should be used to close the budget deficit with all residual funds used to begin shovel-ready construction projects and other stimulative spending.

Pacific = $15 billion
This should be used entirely to fill the current budget deficit.

Northeast = $7 billion
This should be used to restart the financial and credit markets, as well as fund any short-term deficit spending incurred by the region to weather the current recession.

I accept the numbers but I disagree on some of the recommendations. I think the DS should be allowed to put some of the money in education/Research/Small Business as well as infrastructure. We could create a 470,000 jobs in small business by using just $8 billion of that $24 Billion and giving it out as an  2 $8500 tax credits(One per year) for every job created by a small business.

The jobs created by a small business tax credit would not be immediate and those businesses would more likely save the money in the current economic climate.

Placing some of the money into shovel-ready infrastructure jobs creates immediate jobs, provides income for those most likely to spend it quickly and helps the region in the long run.

The businesses wouldn't get the money unless they hired someone. I am not dumb enough to just throw money somewhere and pray. I fully intend to place a good 33 to 40% of the money into infrastructure. And whatever is left into Education/Research. A good combination of Small Business, Infrastucture, and Education/Research is a combination for strong economic growth in my book.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »

CAn I see what the current draft looks like with amendments?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 08:16:50 PM »

Damn you Tmth, Tongue Always knew teens today were too fast.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies