Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:04:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act  (Read 17955 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: October 07, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »

The Mideast should be given the most money. This bill is will help regions in these tough economic times. The Mideast region has been hit harder than any other region, and we have double-digit unemployment. If anything, we might need more money, not less.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 03:26:18 PM »

The Mideast needs the most money, without a doubt.  We need more than the $30 billion that is being appropriated.
LOL, you are getting the most and still complaining, we have like twice the population and a third of the money, where are you going to get it from?
You don't need the money as much as we do.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »

The following lists the unemployment rate in each region:
Northeast = 7.1%
Mideast = 19.2%
Southeast = 15%
Midwest = 13.8%
Pacific = 7.3%

The unemployment rate is 12.1% higher in the Mideast. 12.1%.....
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »

Because the Northeast isn't exactly well off and we deserve a Senator who will fight for us, not fail regions that can't modernize their economies.

By that logic, Tmthforu94 should be defeated.
Well, obviously you don't want to make a positive impact on the region if you aren't willing to embrace progress. You prefer to keep the Mideast and Atlasia as a whole at a huge disadvantage by constantly fighting against free trade agreements that will provide economic oppurtunities for Mideasterners. Mideasterners will be selling their goods at cheaper prices with the free trade agreements you always oppose. Oh, you do support one with Israel though. I wonder why?
(That's how you point an opponents weaknesses out with some substance, btw)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 09:21:12 PM »

That was a year ago. And with comments such as wanting to burn Tehran to the ground, I think it is very obvious that you strongly support Israel.

It's really sad that you're having to resort to name calling. Sad That won't get you anywhere in life.

Also, NC Yank wants to say In the future currency values will make opposition to trade by Pro-Labor people as absolete as the Model T but knows it won't be posted for hours thanks to the mods...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 06:27:56 AM »

That was a year ago. And with comments such as wanting to burn Tehran to the ground, I think it is very obvious that you strongly support Israel.

It's really sad that you're having to resort to name calling. Sad That won't get you anywhere in life.

Also, NC Yank wants to say In the future currency values will make opposition to trade by Pro-Labor people as absolete as the Model T but knows it won't be posted for hours thanks to the mods...

Uhhh that quote has nothing to do with FTA's, it is about the GTO which is a treaty organization which has nothing to do with FTAs.
I know, HW, I was just pointing out that Ben is pro-Israel. Wink

And also, Ben, please cut the crap that you expected better from me. I have kept this debate on political issues the entire time. You're the one who got personal.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 02:51:13 PM »

I will vote against this amendment. The Mideast region deserves more money than any other regions. We are one of the largest regions (2nd I believe) and we have the worst economy in Atlasia, with unemployment rates that are nearing 20%. The Mideast region should recieve at least 30 billion, if not more.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 03:17:34 PM »

I agree with you, Senator Hashemite, that the amount regions recieve should be based on how badly they need the money. The fact that think the Mideast needs more money has nothing to do with the fact that it is my region, but everything to do with the fact that we need this money the most. Our unemployment rate is the highest by 4.2%.
Directly from the GM:
" Already there are reports that the Mideast, the region with the largest deficit and highest unemployment rate, is rapidly running out of reserves to pay regional employees or even for basic services, such as unemployment benefits."
The Mideast needs the most amount of money. After them should be the Midwest and Southeast, followed by the Northeast and Pacific.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 03:18:11 PM »

Nay
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2009, 09:33:25 PM by Senator Tmthforu94 »

Okay, I'm going to propose an amendment, I know some people, especially in my party, will not be too happy about this amendment, but I do. While Hashemite did a good job on this bill, after reviewing the GM reports, I have some adjustments I would like to make.
My reason for cutting the portion to the Dirty South: Seriously, a dangerously large amount of its residents want to burn the money. If I knew for a fact that Yankee's ideas on how to spend the money would pass, I wouldn't be wanting to limit their funding. But I don't know that. And the Dirty South shouldn't be getting this much if we don't even know if they will use it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »

lol...Cheesy
I'm not thinking for my region, I'm thinking for whats right. The Mideast needs the money worse, and we will be able to put this money to good use. I am unsure whether the DS will be able to do the same.
Just be glad this little pig didn't try and cut all of your money!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »

I know that the Dirty South badly needs the money. My main concern was the risk the money was burnt, which would have angered every other region that is struggling. And now, with the assurance of their Governor and Lt. Governor, I withdraw my current amendment.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 02:05:25 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

We're in complete agreement here, the Northeast doesn't really need much money.

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.

Damn it. Read the GM numbers, read my post on page 4. I've been over my reasons a million times.

Pray tell, how much do you propose?

17 billion for the NE
You're kidding. You region needs less than any other region, by far.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »

One of the reasons I'm holding off on my amendment is that I would appreciate getting a report from the GM, and his estimation on how much money each region should get. He knows the Atlasian economy very well, so what Purple State says will impact my decision.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »

Aye
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 11:48:55 AM »

GM Purple State has recommended how much money should be proportioned to each region. I urge my fellow Senators to follow the GM's advice on these numbers.

With that, the GM recommends the following apportionment of funds by region in descending order:
Mideast = $32 billion
This should be used to pay back short-term government obligations. The $32 billion will not be entirely sufficient and so there will be no residual funds.

Southeast = $24 billion
This should be used to close the budget deficit with all residual funds used to begin shovel-ready construction projects and other stimulative spending. Using the money for tax cuts or rebates would be a grave mistake.

Midwest = $22 billion
This should be used to close the budget deficit with all residual funds used to begin shovel-ready construction projects and other stimulative spending.

Pacific = $15 billion
This should be used entirely to fill the current budget deficit.

Northeast = $7 billion
This should be used to restart the financial and credit markets, as well as fund any short-term deficit spending incurred by the region to weather the current recession.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

I will, since I pretty much agree with GM Purple State's suggestions...

I'd like to propose the following amendment...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 08:09:43 AM »

Aye
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix