Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act  (Read 17953 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« on: October 07, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »

Hashemite deserves to lose for this
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 07:31:49 PM »

Because the Northeast isn't exactly well off and we deserve a Senator who will fight for us, not fail regions that can't modernize their economies.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »

Because the Northeast isn't exactly well off and we deserve a Senator who will fight for us, not fail regions that can't modernize their economies.

I'm sorry, but we're the best regions in terms of economic numbers. Lowest unemployment and a balanced budget.

Hey now, the Pacific is close behind. Tongue

Which is precisely my point-- why do you guys get twice as much money from a bill written by the NE Senator, even though your unemployment is pretty much EQUAL?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 07:06:25 PM »

Okay, again I must ask, what is the purpose of giving so much more money to the Pacific, though they have relatively equivalent unemployment?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 09:50:53 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

We're in complete agreement here, the Northeast doesn't really need much money.

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »

I call on the Senate to reject Tmth's unfair and insane allocation of the Releif money. Its taking a region based on unfounded rumors and half truths just so he can have something to brag about in his campaign. Does he not realise the economics of the decision. If the DS gets worse it will damage the mideast economy as well as the economies of the Atlasia and the world.

Huh

Killing Two Birds With One Stone Act
Aye: 4

Roll Eyes
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.

Damn it. Read the GM numbers, read my post on page 4. I've been over my reasons a million times.

Pray tell, how much do you propose?

17 billion for the NE
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 02:08:33 PM »

Damn it. Read the GM numbers, read my post on page 4. I've been over my reasons a million times.

Pray tell, how much do you propose?

17 billion for the NE
You're kidding. You region needs less than any other region, by far.

No, we don't. We are the only region that has even begun to demonstrate any kind of fiscal responsibility. Why should we be handing money to regions that will just flush all usefulness of it down the toilet?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 08:45:10 PM »

I'm beginning to think we need more than 100 billion. Tongue

Did you see PS's projections, our deficit is now in excess of $2 Trillion dollars. Even I would say at some point you have to have some sanity return. We want a slow descent of the dollar, not a run on the dollar.

It's not my fault this body has no courage to raise taxes.

Cause we don't need to raise taxes. We need either the economy to recover soon, or basically "Call superman" cause will be screwed.

I'll save this debate for another bill. But needless to say this body needs a major reality check on revenue.

I know but its ingrained in everyone's head that
you don't raise taxes in a recession.

That was all that needed to be said.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »

Did you see PS's projections, our deficit is now in excess of $2 Trillion dollars. Even I would say at some point you have to have some sanity return. We want a slow descent of the dollar, not a run on the dollar.

Cause we don't need to raise taxes. We need either the economy to recover soon, or basically "Call superman" cause will be screwed.

I'll save this debate for another bill. But needless to say this body needs a major reality check on revenue.

Yes and thank goodness we've never followed that philosophy in past economic troubles. It would have led to disaster!

Oh wait, except FDR. Almost 10 times. And a large one under Clinton at the tail-end of a recession.

The FDR obsession was old. He was an economically weak President.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 09:29:55 PM »

Yes and thank goodness we've never followed that philosophy in past economic troubles. It would have led to disaster!

Oh wait, except FDR. Almost 10 times. And a large one under Clinton at the tail-end of a recession.

The FDR obsession was old. He was an economically weak President.

I'd challenge you to a more in-depth discussion on that, but I know you'd never go through with it.

I would go through with it. I just suspect that in the end you will resort to cheap personal attacks unrelated to the discussion at hand.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 09:36:26 PM »

Writing term papers for posts doesn't make your argument correct, it simply means you can write a lot of crap about whatever it is you are trying to say. Look at GPORTER's campaign thread. He has some long ass posts.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 09:54:58 PM »

I agree, taxes need to be raised in the short term. There's no excuse to have this large of a budget gap, and since we're in a recession we can't lower spending, at least not with the current President and Senate.

Higher taxes do have their benefits, they allow the government to lower the deficit, thus strengthening the dollar and keeping more money in the Atlasian economy instead of China's treasury.

Cut spending, create a national bank.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »

I agree, taxes need to be raised in the short term. There's no excuse to have this large of a budget gap, and since we're in a recession we can't lower spending, at least not with the current President and Senate.

Higher taxes do have their benefits, they allow the government to lower the deficit, thus strengthening the dollar and keeping more money in the Atlasian economy instead of China's treasury.

Do you think this Senate or President will do this? Seriously, the stigma against minor tax hikes is silly.

I opposed afleitch's tax cut. I don't think we need to change the tax structure at all right now. We need to focus on aiding small businesses, not washed up corporations. This government needs to decide if it's going to support free trade and foreign slave labor and stop propping up uncompetitive companies, or if it is going to adopt pro-business policies that allow growth in our communities and for individuals to have more opportunities.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 10:07:51 PM »

You are both wrong. NO

Alex. You don't cut spending in a Recession they did that in 1936 and the economy dipped back down in 1937-1938 wiping out almost 5 years of improvements. Your national bank scares the hell out of me and would have no effect on the demand cycle. You don't mess with the financial sector when fear is the number one enemy.

Cut spending, create a national bank, cycle that money back through loans, the new capital will create jobs, interest is paid back to the taxpayer and the cycle is repeated. The national bank would be a stable source of credit and capital that would stabilize the value of the Atlasian dollar. It would promote growth. 1936 was a depression, not a recession. Also, the spending at that time was so overwhelming that it had to be cut or else it would spiral out of control. The path we're heading on is letting spending spiral out of control. Keep adding to the debt and we will never get rid of this deficit. Eternal debt for Atlasia. We need a way to close the gap.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 03:36:58 PM »

I'd say the Mideast needs more than $32 billion.  We have the largest deficit and largest unemployment numbers; it is critical that we get a significant increase.

And where are we supposed to get this money from? Pull it from our asses?

Where are you getting any of this money from?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 09:52:22 PM »

Veto and demand Northeastern money.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies