Breaking News: Nobel prize to OBAMA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:23:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Breaking News: Nobel prize to OBAMA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Breaking News: Nobel prize to OBAMA  (Read 5652 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2009, 10:35:21 AM »

dude...this is nothing more than an attempt to control obama

If Obama were anti-Israel (as you pretend in your paranoid masturbatory fantasies of the end-times), and the Nobel Committee is anti-Israel (as you pretend in your paranoid masturbatory fantasies of the end-times), why would either need to control the other to achieve its nefarious, diabolical purposes?

I know you're not too bright, so I'll type slowly to keep you from getting lost:

my end time beliefs require neither an obama nor a UN nor a nobel committee nor a second coming of Christ within this century.

what i am saying is that it is hard to believe they don't see Obama simply as a tool.  the choices of the nobel committee for peace are based upon politics, and this is an attempt to tie the hands of Obama early in his administration by making Obama seem hypocritical if he were to initiate military action (e.g. against Iran).

The true "noble" thing for Obama to do is respectfully turn down the award at this point in time.  And the wise thing for Obama to do is to realize that this is an attempt to tie his hands and make him bow to world opinion.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2009, 10:41:20 AM »

dude...this is nothing more than an attempt to control obama

If Obama were anti-Israel (as you pretend in your paranoid masturbatory fantasies of the end-times), and the Nobel Committee is anti-Israel (as you pretend in your paranoid masturbatory fantasies of the end-times), why would either need to control the other to achieve its nefarious, diabolical purposes?

I know you're not too bright, so I'll type slowly to keep you from getting lost:

my end time beliefs require neither an obama nor a UN nor a nobel committee nor a second coming of Christ within this century.

what i am saying is that it is hard to believe they don't see Obama simply as a tool.  the choices of the nobel committee for peace are based upon politics, and this is an attempt to tie the hands of Obama early in his administration by making Obama seem hypocritical if he were to initiate military action (e.g. against Iran).

I understand you're not intelligent whatsoever, so I'll simplify my point for you:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Understand, dumbsh**t? If Obama is anti-Israel, and has been from the time he took the Oath of Office, there's no need for him to be 'controlled' by the conspirators in the Nobel Committee, as he'll act against Israel anyway.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2009, 10:44:43 AM »

The true "noble" thing for Obama to do is respectfully turn down the award at this point in time.

Hey, I would agree with you on that.

And the wise thing for Obama to do is to realize that this is an attempt to tie his hands and make him bow to world opinion.

Hey, I keep disagree with you on that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He deserved it.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2009, 11:01:23 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2009, 11:11:49 AM by jmfcst »

Understand, dumbsh**t? If Obama is anti-Israel, and has been from the time he took the Oath of Office, there's no need for him to be 'controlled' by the conspirators in the Nobel Committee, as he'll act against Israel anyway.

you're assuming the Nobel committee trusts Obama

even if the committee is on the same page, that doesn't keep it from attempting to keep Obama on course

====

Oh, and since my last post, I just read Obama's speech and it is saying the EXACT same thing I have said:

"I will accept this award as a call to action."

Obama mentioned the Israeli-Arab conflict, meaning he is going to use this award as a call to action to force a settlement, just like I said.

And he also attempted to step out of the corner the Nobel committee is attempting to paint him into, because his speech-writers gave him a line about nuclear countries that left open the door for aggression against Iran.. "no country has the right to develop nuclear weapons, etc."

Stop being naive, the Nobel committee did this for political reasons, even Obama sees that!
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »

Why wouldn't they? Surely the Rockefeller Committee for the Final Solution of Judeo-Christians funds them all, no? *sn*

And if Obama is the paragon of Israel-hating heathenish evil as you paint him to be, why would they need that?

And right he is. If only the idiot-hawk extended that reasoning to the United States, and we could cut our useless expenditures on dick waving.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2009, 11:06:23 AM »

Stop being naive, the Nobel committee did this for political reasons, even Obama sees that!

R'ly?? That's what they loudly say from the beginning!

But seeing it as some anti-Israel stuffs and so on is an other thing...

They just thought it would be a good thing to do for peace...
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »

Why wouldn't they? Surely the Rockefeller Committee for the Final Solution of Judeo-Christians funds them all, no? *sn*

And if Obama is the paragon of Israel-hating heathenish evil as you paint him to be, why would they need that?

you keep putting words into my mouth even though I have repeatedly denied them

consider yourself on ignore
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:08 AM »

exactly, their idea of peace.  This was NOT an award for past activity (unlike the Nobel award for chemistry), rather it is a political attempt to influence future politics.

no doubt about it
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:37 AM »

See my blog. I'm centre-left, but I've never waved pom-poms for Obama, by the way. I have awful legs Wink.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »

exactly, their idea of peace.  This was NOT an award for past activity (unlike the Nobel award for chemistry), rather it is a political attempt to influence future politics.

no doubt about it

Euh, that's more or less what I said, they thought it was a good idea for peace in general, and always said why they did it, which doesn't mean it was smart or relevant. The agenda is not hidden.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »

no doubt about it

Euh, that's more or less what I said, they thought it was a good idea for peace in general, and always said why they did it, which doesn't mean it was smart or relevant. The agenda is not hidden.

agreed, which makes a mockery out of the award
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2009, 11:22:37 AM »

Just in order there is no confusion:

In my mind, the intention remains good, that's peace, that's just wasn't necessarily smart or relevant.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »

In my mind, the intention remains good, that's peace, that's just wasn't necessarily smart or relevant.

<sarcasm>I want world peace. Can I have a Nobel Prize?</sarcasm>
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »

Giving the Nobel Peace Prize to Obama makes the prize worth less in my opinion.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2009, 11:29:48 AM »

Yup, that's one of the possible consequences, given it is not based on acts.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »

understood
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2009, 11:54:05 AM »

Unless I misread something, Ernest just defended Woodrow Wilson. Strange.

Wilson was a bad President, not the devil incarnate.  Wilson had some laudable goals such as The League of Nations, it just is the means he usually chose to accomplish them were not laudable at all.   Besides, the full details of how Wilson acted in a manner that prolonged World War I were not available in 1919 when he got his peace prize.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »

If there was no-one else better, it shouldn't have been awarded.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2009, 11:57:54 AM »

Wilson was a bad President, not the devil incarnate.  Wilson had some laudable goals such as The League of Nations, it just is the means he usually chose to accomplish them were not laudable at all.   Besides, the full details of how Wilson acted in a manner that prolonged World War I were not available in 1919 when he got his peace prize.

Wilson ended the First World War by winning it...
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

Wilson ended the First World War by waiting until both sides had largely exhausted themselves before moving to support American troops participating in the war to keep the faltering Entente Powers from collapsing.  Had we either pursued real neutrality, instead of our economically beneficial sham neutrality, or if we had fully entered the war in 1915, WWI would have been over by 1917 at the latest, and likely without the Communists taking power in Russia.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »

Why? Because he's able to get Abbas and the Israelis to shake hands? Because he gave a nice speech in Cairo? Because he has "great ideas"? I can think of a million other people. A random person fits into that stuff too.

Since, yeah, you can't say he solved the MidEast issue, he didn't walk on water (yet), he didn't solve world hunger.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »

Why? Because he's able to get Abbas and the Israelis to shake hands? Because he gave a nice speech in Cairo? Because he has "great ideas"? I can think of a million other people. A random person fits into that stuff too.

Since, yeah, you can't say he solved the MidEast issue, he didn't walk on water (yet), he didn't solve world hunger.

Kind of amazing that he now shares an honor with the likes of Jimmy Carter, who actually did(does) work to solve these problems.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »

Wilson ended the First World War by waiting until both sides had largely exhausted themselves before moving to support American troops participating in the war to keep the faltering Entente Powers from collapsing. 

Then forcing the Central Powers to the negotiating table. That is by force of arms.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2009, 08:10:42 AM »

For what? For nice smile?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies