The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:41:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions]  (Read 11682 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 12, 2009, 05:28:34 PM »

I personally don't think it goes far enough.  It's probably the best that can be achieved, though.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:12:09 PM »

What do you think the Senate could do, Governor Ben, to make this amendment better?

I'd like to add in a requirement saying that people must move at least 45 days prior to an election taking place in order to vote in that election.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »

Well, that could be complicated in a region like ours, where we have elections running every two months. I could consider 15, maybe even 30, though. But you could easily work your way around that. Most parties know which candidates they're running months before the election. That would only make things a little more difficult for them, having to make sure everyone was moved to the right region within 45/30/15 days before the election.

I don't want to make it any easier for a Party to move people in before an election.  While you have a valid point about the 2 month elections, nobody has strategically moved in order to win the Mideast Assembly or the Governorship of the Northeast.  This is all about Federal Elections, which are every 4 months.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »

Enough.  Have some dignity, instead of acting like a small child.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies