The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:23:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions]  (Read 11685 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 12, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »

I personally don't think it goes far enough.  It's probably the best that can be achieved, though.
What do you think the Senate could do, Governor Ben, to make this amendment better?

Lt. Gov. PiT suggested the idea to allow people to move if there is a real life move. While that would be ideal, it could be a lot of work for moderators, and there could be some loopholes in this.

It occurred to me that people have sometimes experienced spontaneous temporary IP changes. I doubt there would be that many changes due to real life moves, so maybe they could be required to wait a week first & then the mods could go back & check the poster's IP addresses over the last week or so.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:23:09 PM »

I support this, and I would not vote against a reduction of the time frame from 180 to 120 or 90. Though 90 is the absolute limit.

I oppose a loophole for 'real-life moves', since it's easy to fake that and forcing mods to do an IP check would get very tedious on them if they even bother doing it.

Especially if they have to sniff out proxies. Yeah, it's probably for the best to not include that.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:57:09 PM »

You think that these paper barriers will halt strategic registration?

It's better than nothing.

Not at all. Stopping legitimate people from discovering Atlasia is far worse than nothing.

And if they really care, they will wait.

Why should they have to wait to join your elite and exclusive club?

Indeed. If I had to wait 25 days, I would have never joined. We shouldn't be restricting access to people who "really care" before joining.

I think you are talking about a different amendment. This is the one that increases the time between moves to six months.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies