The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:41:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Strategic Registration Amendment [Passed to Regions]  (Read 11667 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 12, 2009, 07:38:35 PM »

Bravo for game reform.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 09:54:54 PM »

I support this, and I would not vote against a reduction of the time frame from 180 to 120 or 90. Though 90 is the absolute limit.

I oppose a loophole for 'real-life moves', since it's easy to fake that and forcing mods to do an IP check would get very tedious on them if they even bother doing it.

If you reduce it to 90, won't individuals be able to move in between regional senate races?  I support keeping the bill as it is.

No because regional elections are every 4 months. 4 months>90 days.

Which means you could move in between regional Senate races, because there are more than ninety days in four months.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:25:34 PM »

I think 125 days and specifically scrap the free move is appropriate.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 10:33:57 PM »

Were you registered in New York for over 180 days?

Saying that I used it therefore it is vital to the game is a logical fallacy. I am sure I would have survived without it. Now, especially with the proliferation of regional legislatures and rise in activity from my early days, the free move is unnecessary. Involvement in the game is not limited based on your region as it was when only the Mideast actually did anything.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »

Saying that I used it therefore it is vital to the game is a logical fallacy. I am sure I would have survived without it. Now, especially with the proliferation of regional legislatures and rise in activity from my early days, the free move is unnecessary. Involvement in the game is not limited based on your region as it was when only the Mideast actually did anything.

That's not true. The Pacific and South suck just as much as ever.

Partly because members who would vote for the legislature can't keep their asses in the region because they need to strategically register somewhere else.

The Pacific is another story and would probably be more exciting if non-JCP members actually gave it a shot and stayed.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:47:56 PM »

Partly because members who would vote for the legislature can't keep their asses in the region because they need to strategically register somewhere else.

The Pacific is another story and would probably be more exciting if non-JCP members actually gave it a shot and stayed.

People left the South because they didn't like Bacon King and DWTl.

People left the Pacific because it's boring and there is no way to fix it.

DWTL left the Southeast, so I don't really follow your logic there.

The Pacific would be less boring if people stayed, so your logic is actually backwards here.

Either way, the free move is a bad idea and, if it must remain, should be somewhere around 72 hours, not a week.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 10:51:46 PM »

People left the South because they didn't like Bacon King and DWTl.

People left the Pacific because it's boring and there is no way to fix it.

DWTL left the Southeast, so I don't really follow your logic there.

The Pacific would be less boring if people stayed, so your logic is actually backwards here.

Either way, the free move is a bad idea and, if it must remain, should be somewhere around 72 hours, not a week.

People leave the Pacific because it's boring and sucks.

DWTL left the South after others. I know Dan left it because of DWTL. DWTL left because of Bacon King.

I wouldn't mind the Senate putting an end to stupid moving like that either. If you leave because you dislike a person in your region... please...

And DWTL left the Southeast to run for Senate, nothing else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies