Afghanistan--Mission accomplished? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:23:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Afghanistan--Mission accomplished? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Afghanistan--Mission accomplished?  (Read 1094 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: October 16, 2004, 03:09:02 PM »

Germany has 12% unemployment, and 25% unemployment in Berlin.  I guess the occupation of Germany failed.

Italy has had an economy prone to inflation, and has gone through over 50 Prime Ministers since WWII.  I guess the occupation of Italy failed.

Japan has been in recession for over a decade.  I guess the occupation of Japan failed, too.

Just because a country has problems doesn't mean it isn't on the right track.  Liberals have taken to moving the goal posts on Bush because he's constantly succeeding at stuff.  They moved them so far back on Afghanistan that only an idyllic paradise has become acceptable to them.

I wonder if they'd want Kerry held to this absurd standard?  Oh wait, it won't be a problem because when Kerry's President paralyzed people will stand up and walk.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 05:07:38 PM »

Germany has 12% unemployment, and 25% unemployment in Berlin.  I guess the occupation of Germany failed.

LOL. When Germany is the 255th largest economy in the world & most of its people are subsistence farmers, and Germany's president rules only Berlin, and warlords control the rest of the country, then you can come back and say the occupation failed.

Truman was a genius.

Germany also started the post-war occupation with a literate population.  This is what I'm talking about, a completely unrealistic standard.  He wants Afghanistan, a country with a history of tribal politics and an illiterate population to be a modern industrial state in five minutes.

This also plays into my "smart, but not reasonable" thesis on Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies