The Atlasian Sentinel Presidental Debate, October '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:27:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel Presidental Debate, October '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel Presidental Debate, October '09  (Read 4525 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 06:09:31 AM »

I think a problem like, so detrimental to the working of the game, requires an outside the box solution, rather than tinkering out with registration laws

Such as executing those responsible without due process. I think we can all agree on this issue.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 03:43:08 PM »

I agree with the President on national seats, and I would also be very open to a Council of Governors if enough people were to agree to that. It would make the office of Governor more relevant and attractive, not to mention make elections to the Senate more fair and proportional. At-large Senate seats are one of the greatest improvements to the game we've made, and without exception, every one of the national elections that has been held has been very exciting.

The problem of strategic voter registration is more difficult. I did vote in favor of a bill limiting access to Atlasia to accounts that were 25 (I believe) days old, but that alone won't solve the problem of strategic registration among already registered voters. I voted against a very draconian limit on changing place of registration because I do believe there are very justified reasons to change one's registration.

I suppose I'm not convinced there's very much that can be done on this issue. One would hope that people would play fairly simply out of respect for the game, but indeed, that does seem too optimistic.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 04:48:56 PM »

@ Lief and Franzl: Would you push for a Senate election reform as President?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »

Yes, I would actively support reforming elections to the Senate, as I do sincerely believe at-large elections are the most fun and fair.

To maintain some balance and to maintain regional representation (not to mention increase the importance of being a Governor), I would equalize it with a Council of Governors of some sort. Details do need to be discussed.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 02:03:05 PM »

Well, since voting has started that concludes the debate. I would like to thank all the candidates for participating.

Lief, you may answer that follow-up if you wish.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 02:10:52 PM »

Yes, and it's part of my platform. I'm willing to hear ideas about the issue though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies