Teresa Heinz's 12.3% EFFECTIVE tax rate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:54:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Teresa Heinz's 12.3% EFFECTIVE tax rate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Teresa Heinz's 12.3% EFFECTIVE tax rate  (Read 8655 times)
Mikem
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2004, 10:54:56 AM »
« edited: October 18, 2004, 02:10:38 PM by Mikem »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Tell you what. When you Bush supporters grow-up and start dealing with reality instead of hallucenating your Neo Con never-never land, I'll stop pointing-out that you guys are completely immature and ignorant about policy.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, I'll tell you what.  How about you quit trying to characterize Republicans as underage hacks.  I'm sure there are a few more Dems and Independants fitting that description since we have all the stereotypical old misers filling our ranks.  Sounds like you are the one who needs to grow up by making a logical response instead of ad hominem attacks.

Have you read the premise of this thread?

Actually, I had read the thread and wished to comment, however, your constant inflammatory remarks (which I notice over nearly all the threads you participate in) derailed me from staying on the original track.  Funny you should criticize for posting about anything other than the thread topic, how does calling someone's view immature contribute to the discussion anyway?  I have not been on this board long, or posted many times, but I was under the impression that this board was for the purpose of political discussion and debate rather than chiding those with differeing views from yourself.   That being said.........

As for the capital gains tax, I don't belive there is anything wrong with how low it is, and I certainly don't blame Heinz for paying that rate.  If you could take deductions for losses, that would be a different story, but taxing high on capital gains would discourage risk taking and stifle the market.  Also, I have never heard Kerry speak of raising capital gains taxes. 
I heard capital gains taxes referred to as "unearned".  I think that is a matter of perspective.  If I make sound investment decisions and come out ahead, did I do nothing to "earn" it, of course I did.  Maybe I didn't dig a hole or build a car, but I did do something.  Even just collecting interest is still "earning".  The liquidity you are providing to the system is creating an economic benefit for someone, and this is no less earning your money than hard labor in my opinion.  The two are simply benefiting the economy in different ways.  We cannot discourage this type of economic activity through high taxes just because certain members of the working class cannot see the benefit in it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies