Secret Service facing unprecedented number of death threats against Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:39:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Secret Service facing unprecedented number of death threats against Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Secret Service facing unprecedented number of death threats against Obama  (Read 1414 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2009, 04:08:29 AM »

link

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:59:18 AM »

Disgusting, though also not too surprising.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 05:00:08 AM »

Not surprising given the nature of the Bad Place.  
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:02:53 AM »

Disgusting, though also not too surprising.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 07:09:35 AM »

Not surprising given the nature of the Bad Place.  
Stampever
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 07:14:40 AM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:48:44 AM »

THe price of polarization my friends.
Stampever
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 10:26:46 AM »

True, but there is also the race angle.  While most of the accusations of "racism" in the political discourse have been baseless, there are racists out there who do not accept a non-white leader (Obama is not "black").  It would easily foreseeable that they would make threats towards him, even if not directly.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 10:35:43 AM »

The Secret Service does a good job handling death threats.......but at a price.

What I don't like is their thug mentality that no one can get within miles of the venue the President is at unless it's a planned handshake the public event and even then you better be connected enough to get a pass.
Stampever
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »

What I don't like is their thug mentality that no one can get within miles of the venue the President is at unless it's a planned handshake the public event and even then you better be connected enough to get a pass.

True.  The days where you could walk up to the White House and go inside to see the President have long since past.  It would have been cool to walk in and see Lincoln or one of the earlier Presidents.  But then again, Presidents don't spend much time in the White House much any more as it is.  They're always out campaigning or pimping their agenda of the hour, or off trying to run the world.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 07:30:59 PM »

The conclusions drawn from that fearmongering piece are dubious at best. The idea that Obama is getting more death threats than his predecessor is laughable.

"Antigovernment fervor"? If only.

More like an embarrassingly obvious attempt on the part of the S.S. to get more stolen tax money for their worthless goons.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 08:50:35 PM »

The conclusions drawn from that fearmongering piece are dubious at best. The idea that Obama is getting more death threats than his predecessor is laughable.

More like an embarrassingly obvious attempt on the part of the S.S. to get more stolen tax money for their worthless goons.

Oh dear.  Tell me, are you a teabagger by any chance?

And I certainly don't see why the first black president wouldn't be getting more death threats than his white predecessor.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 09:31:25 PM »

And I certainly don't see why the first black president wouldn't be getting more death threats than his white predecessor.

Because they disagree with his policies, duh.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 12:59:52 PM »

[quote author=Joe Republic link=topic=103900.msg2198319#msg2198319 Oh dear.  Tell me, are you a teabagger by any chance?

[/quote]
Good, I'm glad you realize that, though I don't know why you are even mentioning the race of those men in an irrelevant thread. Or the sexual reference for that matter.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2009, 03:42:40 PM by Einzige »

What's that, you worthless tool? Defending Dubya? Oh, I forgot: you really loved his policies, didn't you, until it became unpopular to support him and prudent to polish off your libertarian credentials, didn't it? And you'll support the next Republican President when he racks up the deficit for military spending and increases faith-based initiatives, until his approval ratings slip under thirty. That's the price you pay to be a fascist in libertarian clothing.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 03:42:34 PM »

Pretty sad, but not surprising.  A lot of people are idiots.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »

What's that, you worthless tool? Defending Dubya? Oh, I forgot: you really loved his policies, didn't you, until it became unpopular to support him and prudent to polish off your libertarian credentials, didn't it? And you'll support the next Republican President when he racks up the deficit for military spending and increases faith-based initiatives, until his approval ratings slip under thirty. That's the price you pay to be a fascist in libertarian clothing.
And what's that I see? The desperate ranting of a partisan hack stuck in the Republocrat matrix and afraid to unplug?

I think so, yes.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »

I've been in the same room and/or event as the President a few times, but I don't think I've ever been able to get within 50 feet.  The closest I can remember was back in 1990 (if I remember correctly) when I went with a group of Scouts to the National Jamboree, and we were able to sit about 100 feet away from GHW Bush, or in 1993 when I participated in Clinton's inauguration parade.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 09:20:53 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Congratulations on missing the point so beautifully and screwing up the quote box code as well.  Incidentally, have you encountered the poster named CARLHAYDEN yet?  You two would get on swimmingly.

Now seriously, I need to make sure I understand this correctly.  You actually think racism is not a factor connected to death threats against the current President?  Furthermore, you disbelieve the facts outlined in this article simply because you don't think racist and/or gun-toting anti-government extremists are as capable or numerous of threatening Obama as left-wing peaceniks were for Bush?

Sexual connotations of the term aside, I strongly believe you are indeed a teabagger.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies