For members from the UK....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:18:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  For members from the UK....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: For members from the UK....  (Read 4670 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 03:47:58 PM »

Brighton Pavilion Poll:
GRN 35% (+14)
CON 27% (+4)
LAB 25% (-13)
LD 11% (-5)

I'm always skeptic of constituency polls, this one included, but I'm rather puzzled over the little movement for the Conservatives since 2005. It's quite clear that the Greenies are taking a significant share of the Labour and LibDem vote, but why are the Conservatives relatively static and their gains here being under the national swing from Labour to Tory (+6-9% for the Tories nationally over 2005).
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 04:54:11 PM »

Brighton Pavilion Poll:
GRN 35% (+14)
CON 27% (+4)
LAB 25% (-13)
LD 11% (-5)

I'm always skeptic of constituency polls, this one included, but I'm rather puzzled over the little movement for the Conservatives since 2005. It's quite clear that the Greenies are taking a significant share of the Labour and LibDem vote, but why are the Conservatives relatively static and their gains here being under the national swing from Labour to Tory (+6-9% for the Tories nationally over 2005).

If ICM do this one right, there should have been weighting by past vote. It's not the best seat to poll because it's a seat where the Greens are challenging and can target above all else. On the old school swing, it is still an 8.5% swing Labour to Conservative. Looking at a poll like this, on the day I expect the Tories to win the seat simply based on the 'blue rinse' turnout (though their numbers are significantly less than in Kemptown) with a majority of a few hundred.

Not a bad poll when you peel away at it, simply because of the collapse in the Labour vote. A collapse of this sort, even if the Tories were to stand still is still a 7% swing in their favour.

What we really need are marginal s
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 05:29:12 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2009, 05:30:58 PM by Verily »

Brighton Pavilion Poll:
GRN 35% (+14)
CON 27% (+4)
LAB 25% (-13)
LD 11% (-5)

Brighton Pavilion is one of a handful of seats where the Conservative vote is in terminal decline from former dominance. Compare it to Cambridge or Oxford East or Manchester Withington: In these few places, Conservative votes have disappeared as the upper crust moved out in favor of middle class and students. The Conservative vote has declined at every election in Brighton Pavilion since 1979--including 1983 and 2005, when the Conservatives were gaining ground nationally. The current national swing towards the Conservatives is enough to prevent them from declining further, but it is not enough to make a substantial gain in the PV.
Rural Radical
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »

Shropshire North

Conservative hold.

Main battle here is for second place.

I dont know whoe the Lib Dem candidate is.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies