Civil War
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:04:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Civil War
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Who would win in a civil war?
Republicans
Democrats
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Civil War  (Read 15420 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2004, 02:48:09 AM »

The unionists would kill thier bosses and seize the factories. Just like Marx said. And like he said, he would win.

Finally, some honesty about what would happen if the Liberal North was Left to its own designs.

And BRTD, can you at least pretend to be a Menshevik for the purposes of debate?  It would make it easier for peopel to take you seriously.

Iknow this is all just a semantic exercise but most American Union members are not leftists.  They protested against anti-war protestors in the 1960's, a good deal voted for Reagan etc.  On the whole, union members are probably a little to the left economically compared to the rest of the nation and perhaps a little right or aligned on social issues.

It was a joke.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2004, 02:48:21 AM »

The unionists would kill thier bosses and seize the factories. Just like Marx said. And like he said, he would win.

Finally, some honesty about what would happen if the Liberal North was Left to its own designs.

And BRTD, can you at least pretend to be a Menshevik for the purposes of debate?  It would make it easier for peopel to take you seriously.

Iknow this is all just a semantic exercise but most American Union members are not leftists.  They protested against anti-war protestors in the 1960's, a good deal voted for Reagan etc.  On the whole, union members are probably a little to the left economically compared to the rest of the nation and perhaps a little right or aligned on social issues.

pretty much all of them in Northeast Minnesota/Northwest Wisconsin and the strip that runs from just south of my city to just south of Rochester are hardline Communists. Just go look at the voting patterns of those areas.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2004, 02:48:45 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2004, 02:50:44 AM by supersoulty »

That's my point, no one lives in Savage except married couples with 2.5 children that drive SUVs.

Oh, well then don't live there.  That's my solution.

P.S. But trust me, there are many fine women in rural areas.  You just need to get out of the car.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2004, 02:50:16 AM »

That's my point, no one lives in Savage except married couples with 2.5 children that drive SUVs.

Oh, well then don't live there.  That's my solution.

And I won't. I'm explaining why I never will live in suburbia and rural areas and what my problems with them are.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2004, 02:52:08 AM »

trust me, there are many fine women in rural areas. You just need to get out of the car.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2004, 02:53:14 AM »

Almost every girl who went to my high school was a total fox and they are still just as good looking now.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2004, 02:58:12 AM »

I'll repeat my point.

If there are one million people spread out in these blue states and seven billion people in these red states, the vast majority of the country is GOP territory.

We the PEOPLE of the United States.... Geography/land area should have noting to do with it.  One person+one vote.  New york and the Northeast pay a far greater proportion in Federal taxes than the rest of the country not ot mention corporate taxes out of NYC and Jersey.  The NE pays more than there fair share into this country and just because they do not vote how you would like does not mean we should secede.  Should Democratic areas of Virginia seced also?

You think 7 billion people in one area should be able to completely rule a million people in a totally different area?

I would seriously like the northeast to secede. As for civil war, that's not necessary.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2004, 02:59:06 AM »

OK, let's look at some of the towns I drove through:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Luverne-Minnesota.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Butterfield-Minnesota.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Mountain-Lake-Minnesota.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Brewster-Minnesota.html

Now I ask, with those demographics and statistics, what the odds that wandering out at 2 am you'll find some random girl looking for fun or you'll live two doors down from a bisexual nympho who once screwed a guy to get him to buy her a 24 pack of booze like I do? (No, I have not done anything with her, she's probably a walking biological weapon)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2004, 03:00:16 AM »

This conversation is hilarious, guys. Do you think we should assign electoral votes based on the easiness of women?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2004, 03:01:01 AM »

OK, let's look at some of the towns I drove through:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Luverne-Minnesota.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Butterfield-Minnesota.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Mountain-Lake-Minnesota.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Brewster-Minnesota.html

Now I ask, with those demographics and statistics, what the odds that wandering out at 2 am you'll find some random girl looking for fun or you'll live two doors down from a bisexual nympho who once screwed a guy to get him to buy her a 24 pack of booze like I do? (No, I have not done anything with her, she's probably a walking biological weapon)

Not all rural areas are like that though.  Trust me, there are plenty of fun women around here.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They should have their fair say, but they shouldn't be able to control all the land. For example, if the 7 billion people in the northeast want to ban gambling nationwide, that's unfair to the one million people in the blue states. If they want to ban it in their states, that's appropriate.

Like I said, one chamber of state legislatures should be for landowners and one chamber should be for the people at large. That's all; federal would be the same.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2004, 03:05:15 AM »

They should have their fair say, but they shouldn't be able to control all the land. For example, if the 7 billion people in the northeast want to ban gambling nationwide, that's unfair to the one million people in the blue states. If they want to ban it in their states, that's appropriate.

Like I said, one chamber should be for landowners and one chamber should be for the people at large.

I've heard many people say that, and it's never made sense to me. Why does someone who owns a ranch have more say than someone who rents an apartment? That doesn't make any sense at all.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2004, 03:06:30 AM »

I just think we're all entitled to a certain degree of self government, and this is a non-elitist way of balancing power.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2004, 03:08:42 AM »

I just think we're all entitled to a certain degree of self government, and this is a non-elitist way of balancing power.

No it isn't. It's giving people political power for no reason. That makes no more sense than giving political power relative to how much wealth you have. Hell, that's pretty much what it is.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2004, 03:09:13 AM »

Like I said, one chamber of state legislatures should be for landowners and one chamber should be for the people at large. That's all; federal would be the same.

Why?
The cities already subsidize rural areas.
Rural areas don't need any more power.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2004, 03:09:32 AM »

We'll just bomb those factories and build new automated ones. With our automated constuction machines made by our engineers who have fulll N.R.A. membership so we won't have to worry about any of the ex-felons killing them. Tongue
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2004, 03:12:08 AM »

Well, a lot of this hypothetical situation would depend on the reasons for war breaking out.   If members of either party tried an insurection, it would quickly be put down.  If Bush tried to hold office despite losing, it would be a tad uglier, but the vast majority of the millitary and congress would likely oppose him, leading to a rather quick ouster.

Remember, the loyalty oath the troops take swear to defend the constitution of the United states from all enemies, foriegn and domestic.   The loyalty is to the nation and to rule of law.   The majority of Soldiers, especially careerists, may be republicans - but they are also firm believers in rule of law, and hold a loyalty to nation - not to party.   Organizing a coup of any sort would be treason, and automaticly make it's orginizers domestic enemies of the state.   It might be a bit messy, but the result would remain the same - any open attempt at a coup would likely fail.  It's orginizers doomed to infamy.   I think Bush is smart enough and cares enough about his role in history not to make such an idiotic move.   Simply put, it ain't gonna happen.

Makes for a interesting exersize in observing how polarized and bitter we have become though.

Any revolutions we have are going to appear where they belong - at the ballot box.  I still have faith in our nations principles.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2004, 01:24:01 PM »

I voted republicans, but after further thought I realized that the democrats would have more foreign allies

France and China vs Russia and Israel.  Now that would be epic.

In the end I imagine France would become the largest Jewish nation on the planet.

Surprisingly, Russia favored Kerry over Bush in polls. Out of 35 nations, at least 30 polled against Bush, including......yes......Israel.
 I was surprised too!!!

http://www.globescan.com/news_archives/GlobeScan-PIPA_Release.pdf
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies