Endorse your primary candidates here! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:48:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Endorse your primary candidates here! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Endorse your primary candidates here!  (Read 36402 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: October 28, 2009, 10:05:51 PM »

I'm having a bet each way - three points to Clay Cooper (R) and two to Linda Lopez (D).
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »

Since Lopez has dropped out of the race, can I transfer my two endorsement points that I gave her?

If so, I'd like to transfer them to Al's crazy "fight-the-anti-christ" character.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »

Since Lopez has dropped out of the race, can I transfer my two endorsement points that I gave her?

If so, I'd like to transfer them to Al's crazy "fight-the-anti-christ" character.

Lopez endorsed Taylor, thus giving him all remaining credits she had.  However, since 2 of them were from you, they can be transferred from Taylor to Finch after the current stage.

Cheers! Would appreciate that!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 10:38:37 PM »

It would be rather interesting if in the next game, points could be allocated to any primary at any time.

Sorry, could you clarify that?

I think he means like Giuliani campaigning in Florida and ignoring the earlier races... as the game stands, there'd be nothing to gain by doing that.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 08:52:52 PM »

I want neither Finch nor Cooper to drop out, but if either does, I want my points to flow to the other, rather than whoever they endorse. If both drop out, well, I'll get back to you on that, but it will be a Republican.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »

Quick question - did my three endorsement points held by Cooper transfer to Finch as per my earlier post a week or so back? If not, can we transfer them after Maine?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »

Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier that now that Hudson has clinched the nomination, her endorsements points are now 'locked' in.  This is simply to stop an exodus of endorsements to the Democratic race, which would then affect the general campaign (negatively for Hudson in this case).

Hudson may still receive endorsements, just to clarify, but she cannot have any transferred away from her.

I have my endorsement points lodged with Finch presently. Will the 'locked in' element of endorsements re-open come the General Campaign, or should I be transferring my points to Hudson before the end of the Democrat Primary season to prevent them being tied up during the General?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 06:23:07 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2009, 07:06:48 PM by Smid »

I have my endorsement points lodged with Finch presently. Will the 'locked in' element of endorsements re-open come the General Campaign, or should I be transferring my points to Hudson before the end of the Democrat Primary season to prevent them being tied up during the General?

Hudson's points are locked in to avoid her losing any of them, but she can still receive them either from the Democratic side or from posters who haven't issued endorsements yet.  So my advice would be to switch your points from Finch to Hudson now (i.e. before the Democratic race wraps up), assuming that's what you want to do.

Cheers for the advice. Can I please transfer my points from Finch to Hudson now (sorry Al). I realise it will be too late for the Pennsylvania Primary, but I assume you'll switch them as a first priority even if Xiao wraps up the Primary at that point?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies