Atlas Forum Primaries 2: Thread now closed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Forum Primaries 2: Thread now closed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Primaries 2: Thread now closed  (Read 18609 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »

Diane Dalton

Assistant Secretary of the Navy 1995-1998
Undersecretary of State 1998-2000
Junior Senator from Missouri (2001-Present)

Dianne Dalton is currently the junior Senator from Missouri and is a maverick Democrat. Graduating from Columbia University, Dianne underwent Graduate School at Harvard University. Following her college years, she joined the Peace Corps, hoping to "do some good in the world".

She moved back to her native Missouri, and settled down with her family. She married Thomas Dalton, a US Representative. While Tom Dalton later retired to open up a law practice, the couple were very popular in DC, and Dianne was appointed to a few positions in the 1990s. After winning the Senate Race in 2000, she has been an advocate of compromise in fiscal matters, and is a foreign policy hawk. However, she maintains a very high level of social liberalism.   
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »

Oh yeah, Joe, could you give my candidate a better looking picture. Ya know, one that doesn't incinerate my eyes Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2009, 12:59:41 AM »

Jim Jessop (R-MD)

James Jessop, or more lovingly known as Jim, is the former two-term Governor and current Senator hailing from the great state of Maryland. Mr. Jessop combines good looks, quick wit, and soft hands to his political career, becoming the first Republican to be reelected with 60% of the vote in Maryland in a long time. Mr. Jessop has been in the crosshairs of the Republican base for years. He is a member of both the Main Street Republican Partnership and It's My Party Too coalitions, has sided with the Democrats on issues such as the stimulus, TARP, gun control, and is an outspoken advocate of abortion and gay rights. He believes that small government applies to both economics and social policy, and acts accordingly. He does, however, possess a hawkish streak and favors tough crime laws. Under his governorship, the crime rate in Maryland dropped to levels nearly half of what they were prior to his swearing in. With your help, Jessop hopes to be the most handsome candidate ever to make it through the Republican Primary.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2009, 05:16:27 AM »

Oh yeah, Joe, could you give my candidate a better looking picture. Ya know, one that doesn't incinerate my eyes Tongue

Sorry, the pictures are unchangeable.  And anyway, Pamela is a beautiful, beautiful... um... woman.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2009, 08:29:41 AM »

Sorry, the pictures are unchangeable.  And anyway, Pamela is a beautiful, beautiful... um... woman.

Out of curiosity, where did you get those pictures from anyway?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2009, 09:27:53 AM »

Mine is a member of the Ohio state house.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »

They all are, with the exception of Xander Xiao, who is from the Washington state house.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2009, 02:45:56 PM »

They all are, with the exception of Xander Xiao, who is from the Washington state house.

Ok another question. Which primary order are you doing, and how many days are you intending to have between each primary?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »

Ok another question. Which primary order are you doing, and how many days are you intending to have between each primary?

I'm still putting the primary schedule together, but we'll start with the obvious ones, i.e. Iowa then New Hampshire.  I will publish the full schedule before we start Iowa.

I reckon three days between each primary is reasonable, but I'll probably allow extensions in special circumstances.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »

When will the Iowa caucus occur?
Also, will the results be made up, or will Atlas users determine the winner?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »

Franklin Finch

Member of the West Virgina House of Delegates 1979-1981, 1983-1985, 1987-1991 1991-1997, 1999-2001, 2003-present.
Unsuccesful candidate (defeated in primary) House of Representatives (1990).
Unsuccesful candidate (defeated in primary) Governor (2000).
Unsuccesful candidate (defeated in primary) House of Delegates (1980, 1984, 1996).
Unsuccesful candidate (defeated in primary) State Senate (1976).

Finch is running for President because he had a dream. In that dream, the face of God spoke to him and told him that he had to run for President in order to defeat the Anti-Christ. Finch openly talks of these matters and equates the Anti-Christ with (variously) Wall Street, Mine Owners, People from California, People from New York, Mexicans, Capitalism, the Media, Homosexuals, Canadians, Hippies, Republicans and former State Delegate (and Finch's next door neighbour) Tom Thomas.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »

When will the Iowa caucus occur?
Also, will the results be made up, or will Atlas users determine the winner?

It'll begin tomorrow.  The process will be explained at that point, but the only involvement Atlas users (other than the candidates) will have is already underway in the endorsements thread.  Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2009, 12:44:50 AM »

Okay so I got called up last-minute to a conference in Las Vegas this weekend, so I'm not sure how much spare time I'll have to get things going.  Don't worry though, just hold on for a few more days.  Sorry!  Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2009, 07:32:48 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2009, 05:01:28 PM by PASOK Leader Hashemite »

Victor Vasquez

Member of the Illinois House of Representatives 1989-1993
Member of the United States House of Representatives 1993-1999
Member of the United States Senate 1999-present

Victor Vasquez is currently the Junior Senator from Illinois, after having served as Representative and State Representative. In 1988, he was elected to the State Legislature of Illinois representing a Lake Country district, becoming one of the legislature's youngest members. As State Legislator he earned a reputation for bi-partisan deals, but steadfast and passionate defense of his political positions. In 1992, he ran and won for US Congress in Illinois' 8th congressional district, a moderate Republican-leaning district. In Congress, he became known as a foreign policy expert, and became Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs in 1996. As Representative, he also advocated tax cuts and conservative budgets. In 1998, he ran for US Senate and defeated Democratic incumbent Senator Carol Moseley Braun by a 53-47 margin. He was easily re-elected in 2004 as a 'moderate economically conservative Republican', winning 59% of the vote.

As Senator, he supported tax cuts, balanced spending, but also developed a moderate record on social issues, favouring abortion rights, civil unions and tough environmental regulation. He strongly supported the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, though he has moderated his steadfast support with the war's dwindling popularity. Vasquez is also the leader of the Hispanic Republican Alliance, a caucus he founded within the party to promote Hispanic Republicans and to favour immigration reform.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2009, 12:43:07 PM »

Please reconsider that.  I know you're certainly not the first, but I did ask people to keep their bios to one paragraph and five sentences.  The post in the endorsement thread in which I copy-and-paste them has a 10,000 character limit.  I've had to be creative to circumvent that, but it's a pain in the ass to do.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2009, 07:53:11 AM »

This thread is now closed.

The Democratic primaries will continue here.

The Republican primaries will continue here.

If you still want to (belatedly) join in as a new candidate, please say so in the relevant party thread.  If you want to add or update your character bio, you can send me a PM.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies