WTF: Productivity in Q3 Rise at 9.5% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:35:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  WTF: Productivity in Q3 Rise at 9.5% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WTF: Productivity in Q3 Rise at 9.5%  (Read 2018 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: November 08, 2009, 11:59:11 PM »

"Productivity" in macro is, generally, a shorthand for "whatever we have no clue about".

It is, usually, defined as a "residual" left over once the inputs have been accounted for. In principle, it could be growing in recessions: if we fire inputs, presumably we start from the less efficient ones. However, overall, it is precisely what I said before: whatever we don't know.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:44:59 AM »

We need to take political action to require shorter work weeks, higher pay, and a redistribution of income and security away from the privileged and towards the commoners. 

We need to do this, of course, so that the commoners can securely live poorer and less happy lives, with reduced opportunities for bettering it and with social mobility sharply restricted, so that the social status of even the lamest members of aristocracy never gets challenged. Tell me, are you a son of a British lord, or what?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2009, 01:15:20 PM by ag »

Yes, I'm quite familiar with your fantasy world, ag.  By the way, do you live in Texas?  Have you ever left the Bad Place?  And have you ever met a European?

Oh, sure. Unlike you, I am not going to conceal my links to nobility Smiley So,

1. I've been exactly twice to Texas: once to El Paso (well, twice really - I was in Mexico for most of the trip, El Paso was, mostly, an airport for me, though I did spend a couple of nights in a hostel) and once to Austin. I also know reasonably well the insides of the Houston airport - they usually detain me in immigration there (and only there) for some strange reason, so I've spend time in places you don't suspect about Smiley DFW is better than HOU, in my experience - I can usually make the scheduled connection there.  Never been anywhere else in Texas. In the US I've spent 9 years in and around NYC. These days I usually go to Boston, though in the past year or so I've been also to Chicago, NY and SF.

2. I grew up in the former USSR. But if that's not European enough for you, I lived in Spain for about a year. Is that Europe? I also spent a couple of months in Australia (was considering a move) - not really European, but it tries Smiley As for Europeas - well, just talked to 2 in the morning, will be talking to the third one in a sec (though he has naturalized as a Mexican recently, so he might not qualify). Anyways, why Europeans? There are mostly (Latin) Americans around here - do you really think they are that bad? I always knew you don't like the non-white people.

3. I don't know, what's the "Bad Place", but I've been living in Mexico for most of the past decade (and took its citizenship).  Perhaps, in your book Mexico qualifies as Texas South. Is this country really capital-B "Bad"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies