Patriotism....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:54:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Patriotism....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Patriotism....  (Read 3585 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 06:47:40 AM »

Patorisim, is to me a way in which opressive capitalist goverments attempt to push down the people of there countrys by installing in them, an idea that there country is the best and allowing it many many issues facing a country are forgotten.

Glad you finally joined up jellyhunter Smiley

ANYWAY, I agree that patriotism can sometimes be misused by people seeking to enforce big government. But ultimately, it isn't INHERENTLY evil.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »

Considering that countries are in the end, just vast expanses of ground that someone's taken the trouble to name, I have to say that in the end I just see "patriotism" and "nationalism" as nothing more but euphemisms for "dirt worship", if you see what I mean.  But seriously, I refuse to pledge allegiance to a lump of rock and earth that happens to be sticking out above the sea.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 10:01:03 AM »

But you have to keep the dudes on the other side of the hill from coming to take your stuffs that you worked hard to get.  The best way to do that is find a decent border....lake, sea, river, mt range, throw up a fence where there isn't one.  Raise a flag, name yourself something clever and get some guns.  Or run away and start over/starve.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »

But you have to keep the dudes on the other side of the hill from coming to take your stuffs that you worked hard to get.  The best way to do that is find a decent border....lake, sea, river, mt range, throw up a fence where there isn't one.  Raise a flag, name yourself something clever and get some guns.  Or run away and start over/starve.

No comment.  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies