Pataki for Senate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:33:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Pataki for Senate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pataki for Senate?  (Read 3864 times)
Swing Voter
swingvoter
Rookie
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.43

« on: November 08, 2009, 04:33:20 AM »

Pataki was okay as Governor. I may support him over Gillibrand. Undecided. But I don't think Pataki has it in him to run. Even if he did run, I don't see him having too much of a chance. The state is growing increasingly Democratic as a result of the GOP's alienation of moderates and independents, something that will be detrimental to the GOP's long-term success. What would really be interesting is if the GOP somehow put up Mayor Bloomberg for a state-wide race.
Swing Voter
swingvoter
Rookie
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 04:35:23 AM »

He was originally recruited and then declined to run saying he prefers the private sector.

I think the NRSC is lacking any credible opponent whatsoever, so they asked Pataki just to have his name in the mix so the NRSC can claim to their donors that they're potentially challenging more seats than they are...my same theory as with Hoeven

however that was also my theory with Castle and I ended up with egg on my face

That isn't a well-rooted theory. If you look at the NRSC, they have literally been going all in this cycle. Mark Kirk, Mike Castle, Charlie Crist, Kelly Ayotte, etc. Also, they got rid of Bunning. They've been putting a great deal of effort into netting their high profile candidates. Whether or not Pataki will run remains to be seen, and even then, I'm not sure he could actually win the seat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies