Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:52:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70606 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: November 09, 2009, 05:49:29 AM »

While I have to admit that chitter-chatter does tend to bump the threads usefully, it is a distraction. 

Of course I'll refrain from comment here, but I'd like to applaud Sen. N. Carolina Yankee for creating this thread.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 05:11:27 AM »

Can the court and the AG handle the current work load? Might there be a need for more justices (or judges to try cases who are not actually on the court) and a deputy AG to help serve as a prosecutor?

We can handle it, but it is a strain, I must confess.  At least for myself.

I would not support an increase in the number of justices, but I think that the idea of a Trial Court is an excellent one.  This way any cases appealed to us (the Supreme Court) will not have been tried by one of us.  An assistant AJ is a great idea too.

I wonder how many people think a trial court of say 1-3 justices would be a good idea?  They could be general federal trial judges or they could be assigned certain regions as their individual purview.

I apologize if it is inappropriate for a sitting justice to interject opinion in this thread, but I think we should voice our comments on practical matters such as this.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01:48 AM »

Something interesting I noticed while checking the Court's Wiki page that got me wondering: What is the story behind Chief Justice bullmoose88's leap-frog to the position of CJ from junior AJ. Did senior AJ opebo turn down the position of CJ?

No, it wasn't offered.  If you'll note, in the United States, they have CJ Aileeto, superceding various senior justices, such as John Paul Stevens.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 04:40:19 AM »

Or perhaps it is Robers.  One of those new Catholic right-wingers.

Also let me interject for the sake of clarity that the CJ is doing a great job and is respected by the rest of the court, nor did I ever have any specific desire to be CJ.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies