Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:35:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70476 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 13, 2009, 01:00:21 AM »

Given the issues with disruptions in recent court cases, perhaps one or all of the Justices should be made moderators of this board, so they can delete extraneous posts.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:26:12 PM »

Can the court and the AG handle the current work load? Might there be a need for more justices (or judges to try cases who are not actually on the court) and a deputy AG to help serve as a prosecutor?

Bullmoose once brainstormed the intriguing idea of expanding the amount of Justices to 5, and I liked the idea. Still do, but I'm sure people would find some sort of sinister motive in that, too.

Nah, we shouldn't be unnecessarily adding public offices. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 05:00:29 AM »

A very sensible ruling by the court.  It is the AG's job to prosecute violations of the law.  To say that he must be directly affected by the violation- i.e. "have standing"- prevents him from doing his job.

Only problem is the "defendent" is not accused of violating a federal law.

Indeed, it seems bizarre for bgwah to be the petitioner in this case rather than a citizen of the Northeast.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:07:45 AM »

Huh?  The defendant is accused of violating the federal CONSTITUTION.

You need charging sections to bring charges. In most cases in real life you cannot be charged with violating sections of the Constitution.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 05:00:43 PM »

Crossposting from Arizona thread
I, for one, would like to know how Arizona, should the Kingdom win this case, be treated. Will it get a new board? A new wiki? Will there be a parliamentary system?
Also:

I think we cross that bridge when we get to it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 04:03:45 PM »

Sorry for the delay in handling this case. I've tried to get in touch with the Attorney General of the Republic of Atlasia to file a response, which has met with limited success. I will give the Republic of Atlasia until 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, December 6th to file a response brief or formally request an extension. Absent a satisfactory response the case will proceed regardless.

That's likely because the AG deregistered:

Mr. X
De-registered

I always intended this to be a short-term return and I just have too many other things going on right now.

Mr. X just reached out to me about this. As far as I can tell, a replacement hasn't even been nominated yet, so there doesn't seem to be much hope of getting an official response to the case.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 01:19:40 AM »

I have advised Laki, who was the author of the bill, to draft a brief.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies