The Surfer Vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:49:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  The Surfer Vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Surfer Vote  (Read 2915 times)
Baggy Green
Spin Doctor
Rookie
« on: October 19, 2004, 06:15:15 AM »

not in Australia...

things like that are because when people expect their guy to lose they vote, but if they expect them to win they don't. If you actually polled every surfer, Kerry'd do a lot better.

Nearly everyone up here surfs, including me, and I live in one of the strongest Liberal seats in the country.

Carioca, I don't think surfers are either way. They are certainly more conservative than sk8ers. It really depends on what the area where they live is like. For instance, most surfers in the USA live in SoCal(Orange County, San Diego, Riverside County) and the southeast(VA,NC,SC,FL). Both of those areas are very Republican.
Baggy Green
Spin Doctor
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 06:28:33 AM »

Baggy-on the Victorian surf coasts the seats are Liberal, but mainly because of retirees, and the green vote is higher then other country areas. Surfies here trend left, no doubt about it. I presume it's the same up there, but the seats are also full of old fogies?

First off, the surfing in Victoria is terrible

Fogies? I live in Surfers Paradise, not a whole lot of fogies around here(less than other places at least). There aren't many Greens here either. In my seat they took 4% of the vote, but Family First took 3% and One Nation got 2%, so I would think that kind of balances it out.

But yes, I assume that surfers in VIC vote Labor or Green. That's my point, it depends on the area. Surfers are certainly not as knee-jerk left as sk8ers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies