Should every prisoner have the right to have their DNA tested....... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:12:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should every prisoner have the right to have their DNA tested....... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: to try and prove their innocence when they were convicted before DNA testing was used?
Yes - Government funded.

Yes - No Government Money.

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Should every prisoner have the right to have their DNA tested.......  (Read 2606 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 28, 2009, 12:59:35 PM »

Does anybody have any idea what percent of inmates could be found innocent using DNA?  I'm guessing it's well below 50%.  It's not like the cops needed DNA to put a coke mule away.  I say test all of 'em that can be (and want to be tested) and release all that are innocent.  Then check their DNA against any applicable unsolved cases where DNA would be useful.

I guess I should have been clearer. DNA testing should only be done in cases where DNA evidence would actually prove something. So maybe it should be looked at from a case to case basis and if DNA evidence could possibly overturn the verdict, it should be done free of cost to the prisoner.

I think few would disagree that I think you have come up with the "right" answer here sbane. Well done!  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies