huh?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:48:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  huh?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: huh?  (Read 781 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:23:30 AM »

Look at the poster and thread....

My friends, it seems as though many of you have discovered that I was telling lies.  I will be the first to admit that this is true.  First, let me explain that this is the Yates you know, not Edward.  Second, let me tell you that the prayers I asked for were not in vain and the sadness I expressed was not false.  I was, indeed, dying.  Rather, I was likely to die.  I lied to you about several aspects of the story, however, and these lies have generated the attention of some of you on the forum.  First, I reside in Florida.  I do, however, come originally from Iowa and, yes, as I told many of you, I spent many years in England for schooling.  My name is not Yatesley.  These pieces of information were provided instead of true information purely to protect my identity over the internet, similar to how many of you may give false names for the purpose of protection.
The sadness I expressed on the forum was true, my friends, and your prayers have empowered me.  I have been ill - very ill, in fact, but now I seem to be recovering.  The reason I chose brain cancer as opposed to my true ailment is that, to be frank, I would have  been humiliated to reveal my true disease.  I understand, from reading the forum, that many of you feel as though I have duped you.  No, that is not so.  Once again, thank you for your prayers, and I intend to post again after my recovery is complete, Lord willing.

Yates
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:39:20 AM »

Doesn't seem to be anything new:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Forgive me if I'm still skeptical, but a reasonable person could have thought of a thousand better ways to accomplish this.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 01:53:34 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2009, 03:56:34 AM by Joe Republic »

This is far from the first time that I've read one of phknrocket1's posts and instantly thought "wtf?"
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:57:40 AM »

it's just a humorous (in that it reminds of us of a classic Atlas episode) Rocket non sequitur in a BRTD thread that isn't really meant for serious discussion anyway.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:43:40 AM »

This is far from the first time that I've read one of phknrocket1's posts and instantly thought "wtf?"
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »

rocket likes trolling on the forum. Mystery solved.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies