Which city is more prudish?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:02:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Which city is more prudish?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which city is more prudish?
Seattle

Minneapolis

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Which city is more prudish?  (Read 1819 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:39:30 PM »

Can't wait to see Alcon's reply here.

I vote for the city that doesn't spend taxpayer money for cops getting lapdances so they can entrapt strippers and in fact makes no attempt to police strip clubs at all.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »

You'll be happy to hear that they got rid of the prudish City Attorney who has been responsible for many of the things you so detest about the city.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 10:51:20 PM »

Yeah, Tom Carr just got his butt handed to him in an off-year election.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 11:00:15 PM »

You'll be happy to hear that they got rid of the prudish City Attorney who has been responsible for many of the things you so detest about the city.

Oh awesome. Hope this puts an end to the waste of taxpayers' money and assault on freedom.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 11:22:43 PM »

My friends, it seems as though many of you have discovered that I was telling lies.  I will be the first to admit that this is true.  First, let me explain that this is the Yates you know, not Edward.  Second, let me tell you that the prayers I asked for were not in vain and the sadness I expressed was not false.  I was, indeed, dying.  Rather, I was likely to die.  I lied to you about several aspects of the story, however, and these lies have generated the attention of some of you on the forum.  First, I reside in Florida.  I do, however, come originally from Iowa and, yes, as I told many of you, I spent many years in England for schooling.  My name is not Yatesley.  These pieces of information were provided instead of true information purely to protect my identity over the internet, similar to how many of you may give false names for the purpose of protection.
The sadness I expressed on the forum was true, my friends, and your prayers have empowered me.  I have been ill - very ill, in fact, but now I seem to be recovering.  The reason I chose brain cancer as opposed to my true ailment is that, to be frank, I would have  been humiliated to reveal my true disease.  I understand, from reading the forum, that many of you feel as though I have duped you.  No, that is not so.  Once again, thank you for your prayers, and I intend to post again after my recovery is complete, Lord willing.

Yates
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 11:36:58 PM »

Seattle.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 01:38:44 AM »

I'm sure that the people that live in Minneapolis are more prudish than the people that live in Seattle.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 01:43:11 AM »

I'm sure that the people that live in Minneapolis are more prudish than the people that live in Seattle.

That's the whole point of "Grey's Anatomy".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 01:45:04 AM »

Then why does Seattle freak out about and try to restrict strip clubs while Minneapolis not only lets them prosper it completely ignores enforcing any laws regulating them? Minneapolis strip clubs are some unpoliced there are ones where strippers will openly ask you for a VIP dance promising you a blow/handjob inside.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 01:54:58 AM »

Then why does Seattle freak out about and try to restrict strip clubs while Minneapolis not only lets them prosper it completely ignores enforcing any laws regulating them? Minneapolis strip clubs are some unpoliced there are ones where strippers will openly ask you for a VIP dance promising you a blow/handjob inside.
I know nothing about Seattle's/King County's local government but I'm guessing it has something to do with the city's leadership being prudish, and not with the city's populace being prudish. Besides to me strip clubs aren't a big issue in any way. Seattle definitely seems more tolerant as whole than Minneapolis.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 02:23:38 AM »

The only way to answer this is to take a gander at the Top 10 Most Lustful Cities

http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/17/health-lust-cities-forbeslife-cx_rr_1217health.html

As you can see, Seattle ranks #4 while Minneapolis is nowhere to be seen. Of course, both are prudish compared to Denver. Now then, I hope this settles the debate. The evidence I presented in undeniable.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 09:34:32 AM »

For what it is worth, way back before rocks cooled, say around 1985, a client of mine said the toughest place to recruit single young men to go to SoCal for a good job, was the Twin Cities.  The "action" there was beyond compare.  And all those cold nights.  So with the Twin Cities getting the gold, that means Seattle loses assuming  plus ca change, plus ca meme chose as time goes by. I vote Seattle.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies