Counties w/ 100,000+ Total Votes (BUSH) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:57:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Counties w/ 100,000+ Total Votes (BUSH) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Counties w/ 100,000+ Total Votes (BUSH)  (Read 6924 times)
danwxman

« on: November 11, 2004, 04:35:19 PM »

Hey, thanks for the update.  I like doing this, but I just never found the time to update it yet.  It's very time-consuming.

Very encouraging for republicans...9 pickups (3 net pickups) and 14 counties crossing 100,000 votes.  I'm pissing my pants right now.

Proof that liberals should fear sprawl, generation Y (a large generation, 8 years in H.S. and college under Bush), and economic development.  I expect a desperate outbreak of eco-terror.

Just because you and your friends go around in school calling everybody "gay" doesn't mean Gen Y is more conservative.

But all Americans should fear sprawl, it is unhealthy for our country.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 04:55:05 PM »

Hey, thanks for the update.  I like doing this, but I just never found the time to update it yet.  It's very time-consuming.

Very encouraging for republicans...9 pickups (3 net pickups) and 14 counties crossing 100,000 votes.  I'm pissing my pants right now.

Proof that liberals should fear sprawl, generation Y (a large generation, 8 years in H.S. and college under Bush), and economic development.  I expect a desperate outbreak of eco-terror.

Just because you and your friends go around in school calling everybody "gay" doesn't mean Gen Y is more conservative.

But all Americans should fear sprawl, it is unhealthy for our country.

Dan, you win the Feckless CRAPWEASEL AWARD!!! Assumption is the mother of all  ups.

I'm not assuming anything. Isn't "bushforever" the one who posted about how he thinks Gen Y will be against gay-rights because everybody at his school hates gays?
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 01:41:41 AM »

Yeah, I inserted my own general perception in a post.  But must you attack me on everything defending yourself with your own assumptions?!? 

Bahaha. I have *never* seen someone post as many assumptions as you do.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 09:29:08 PM »

Yeah, I inserted my own general perception in a post.  But must you attack me on everything defending yourself with your own assumptions?!? 

Bahaha. I have *never* seen someone post as many assumptions as you do.

I just tell people how I see things.  I'm not saying that what happens in my world and in my viewpoint necessarily is true all across the USA.  Based on what I see, I would guess that Gen Y would trend GOP.  But, maybe from what you see, it would trend Dem.  But some things are obvious...we are the 9/11 Generation.  And the way matters (anti-gay marriage sentiment, pro business, anti-tax, pro-life, pro-defense) are trending under 8 years of Bush, I see that they would trend that way for the new generation as well.  Sure, I may be making assumptions.  But you make plenty of them yourself, you have no room to accuse, and neither do I.   And this is a post about 2000 Election Counties for Bush anyway.  You just try to sneak in and attack me wherever you can, don't ya.  And where's my apology for namecalling back in the Cook Co. post??  Just shows the maturity of liberals, don't it.

Hey, I've tried to make amends...if I'm going to apologize so should you, but I don't expect you to nor do I demand it because I really don't care...this is just the internet.

Anyway, Gen X grew up under Reagan and Bush yet they are not overwhelmingly conservative? As a matter of fact they are the most liberal generation on gay marriage, and I think Gen Y will be even more liberal. Abortion is always going to be a divisive issue...The majority of Americans are pro-choice and I don't see that changing for some time, but there will always be a fair amount of pro-lifers in the future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies