Possible Voting Reforms (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:10:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Possible Voting Reforms (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following rules do you favor (vote for as many as you like)?
You must be registered in order to vote

Registration deadline a few weeks before election

You can only vote in the precinct you are registered in

You can only vote in the county you are registered in

Registration can only occur in a government office

Voting only allowed at polling places/absentee ballots only for true absentees

ID required for voting

Felons cannot vote

Provisional ballots can only be counted if voter had ID at time of voting and voter’s ID number, name and address are later found to match a registered voter

Provisional ballots only issued to voters in person/no absentee or mail-in provisional ballots

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Possible Voting Reforms  (Read 22392 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: October 19, 2004, 12:02:07 AM »

All 10. I worked four years in a county registration office, and have come to the conclusion that all the changes in electoral law since the dreadful 1993 National Voter Registration Act have, as their purpose, increasing the possibility of voter fraud. Why else would liberal Democrats keep trotting out their same BS excuses against voter IDs? You have to have an ID to do damn near anything else.

There are many, many, problems with inaccurate voter rolls caused by this - as a True Example, I FINALLY got two voters turned to inactive status last year who had, as I discovered, moved from New Mexico to Texas TEN FREAKING YEARS AGO but were still on the voter rolls, since one of the worst parts of the 1993 NVRA was that it explicitly prohibited deleting voters from the system for not voting, even if they hadn't voted in a decade.

The only justifications I've found for that part of the law involve, frankly, left-wing BS about discriminating against minority voters. Mind you, they didn't ever explain just how cleaning up the voter rolls by getting rid of people who were too damn lazy to vote in 6 or 8 years and who probably didn't even live there anymore was discriminatory. This has resulted in a LOT of "deadwood" in voter registration rolls across the country...ripe pickings for fraud, since how will anyone know, without ID, if the person who signed the roster for a deadwood voter is really that voter?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies