Do you satisfy the Republican purity test? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:33:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you satisfy the Republican purity test? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you satisfy the Republican purity test?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 90

Author Topic: Do you satisfy the Republican purity test?  (Read 16248 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: November 23, 2009, 11:20:16 PM »

So which party do I belong in folks?  Tell me. Thanks in advance. Smiley

D-CA
D-CA
D-CA
D-CA
D-CA
D-CA
D-CA
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »

Its easy for upper class people and liberals to oppose number 5. Come live a day in my shoes and see what kind of an economic genocide you are creating with your political correctness.

Economic genocide?

If there weren't jobs there, people wouldn't come.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:02:24 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2009, 12:06:30 AM by Хahar »

The thing I found curious about #9 is the "denial of health care" part. I wonder if that just continues on the rationing part or if it refers to something separate. Health care is not an issue that I am as familiar with as I probably should be.

Apparently, they support universal health care.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 07:53:14 PM »

Its easy for upper class people and liberals to oppose number 5. Come live a day in my shoes and see what kind of an economic genocide you are creating with your political correctness.

Economic genocide?

They take jobs that wold normally go to Americans because they work below minimum wage. With 10% unemployment, the argument of "they take jobs Americans won't do" is complete BS.

But that's why I support a guest worker program and path to citizenship, because then they have to be paid minimum wage and thus there is a level playing field.

The fact that there's been "economic genocide" is a good reason to oppose closed borders. But a guest worker program is no good. Allow legal immigration quickly and easily to any non-criminals. They'll stop coming when there aren't jobs.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »

Economic genocide?

They take jobs that wold normally go to Americans because they work below minimum wage. With 10% unemployment, the argument of "they take jobs Americans won't do" is complete BS.

But that's why I support a guest worker program and path to citizenship, because then they have to be paid minimum wage and thus there is a level playing field.

The fact that there's been "economic genocide" is a good reason to oppose closed borders. But a guest worker program is no good. Allow legal immigration quickly and easily to any non-criminals. They'll stop coming when there aren't jobs.

What's wrong with a guest worker program? Many of the illegals here just want to work for a few years and then return to their home countries.

It leads to guest workers being considered second-class. If they wish to return, they can emigrate again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies