Fiscal Responsibility Bill [On President's Desk] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:27:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fiscal Responsibility Bill [On President's Desk] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fiscal Responsibility Bill [On President's Desk]  (Read 12352 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: November 26, 2009, 04:32:46 AM »

I think looking at this issue is long overdue and while I'll need to run through the figures I have no concerns over the intent of this bill and what it wishes to address. My one qualm is the 1% tax rate for bottom earners. I understand why this has been proposed as it demonstrates that tax rises will affect everyone but the cost to the fed of administering the collection of 1% of income from may outweight any financial gain.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 05:55:46 AM »

Okay. Well that was 5 pages of fun wasn't it Tongue

Lets pull back a bit and remember this is Atlasia. For example the whole argument about education costs being prohibitive (while valid in reality) is not particularly relevant as education in Atlasia has been made subsidised and affordable in a previous bill (partly thanks to a small tax increase)

This system is designed to play to the strengths and weaknesses in Atlasia and in its current tax system. The GM reports it would raise revenue - check. It maintains 0% taxation for the poorest that we have had for 2 years - check. It allows us to balance the costs of our extended welfare system and hopefully pay down some debt - check. I can't oppose this bill because it adresses what Atlasia needs (and Atlasia is a vastly different place from America)

It has my support.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »

Aye.

And may I remind the Senate if this passes there is no mandate to go on a spending spree Wink Otherwise fear my diminishing wrath Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies