2009 Foreign Policy Review Bill [On President's Desk] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:22:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2009 Foreign Policy Review Bill [On President's Desk] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2009 Foreign Policy Review Bill [On President's Desk]  (Read 11836 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:58:39 PM »

Would this be the place to discuss foreign aid, or would that be a separate bill?

I feel Uganda could use more humanitarian assistance due to the horrible things the LRA did to the people. While the LRA seems to be losing at this point, the psychological trauma many of the people have is tragic.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:03:31 PM »

Would this be the place to discuss foreign aid, or would that be a separate bill?

This is primarily accepting the FPR as legislation passed by past Senates requires. Humanitarian aid is usually other legislation, and I would be happy to sponsor any bill dealing with humanitarian aid to Africa.

I'm also obviously open to any amendments on my amendment, concerning Uganda if they arise.

They deserve aid, but I think the current policy in this bill is good.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »

This is primarily accepting the FPR as legislation passed by past Senates requires. Humanitarian aid is usually other legislation, and I would be happy to sponsor any bill dealing with humanitarian aid to Africa.

I'm also obviously open to any amendments on my amendment, concerning Uganda if they arise.

Only problem with aid on my part is that it just helps out the government leaders and little actually gets to the average people.

Well, yeah, but we can support organizations aiding people there such as "Invisible Children" and such. You could also add a caveat that they lose aid if they don't produce results.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 04:36:01 PM »

Only problem with aid on my part is that it just helps out the government leaders and little actually gets to the average people.

Well, yeah, but we can support organizations aiding people there such as "Invisible Children" and such. You could also add a caveat that they lose aid if they don't produce results.

Thats all I'm suggesting largely.

Well then, carry on Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies