'Machine Made' campaign ads at UMP (France)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:18:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  'Machine Made' campaign ads at UMP (France)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Machine Made' campaign ads at UMP (France)  (Read 994 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »

http://teleobs.nouvelobs.com/rubriques/vite-vu/articles/l-ump-utilise-des-images-americaines-pour-sa-campagne

It speaks about the fact that the latest campaign ads of UMP, outside of the fact that they are highly demagogic, are made thanks to an American data base of video images. In short the France that they sell us, is just random American pictures. What a joke.

I discovered a practice i didn't know. Though, not much surprised now when I come to think about it, but when you hear it, it's always "oh, no......."

I think you can understand the video without getting the comment.

I found this 'Petit Journal' of Canal+ a bit dumb a few years ago, but for one year now, I find them more and more good and necessary.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »

Not really surprising. I always thought something crazy was behind the UMP's typical happy-people-in-a-field-of-flowers gay ads since 2007, but this is quite classic. Though it also makes us ask ourselves about the reality behind the images we're fed by these loons.

I love Le Petit Journal when they talk politics, because they're really funny and their humour based on actual clips in sorely lacking in French politics compared to the US. I especially like how they have entirely destroyed the UMP's national-identity shtick in recent days, first by asking MPs to sing La Marseillaise and now this thing.

Anybody remember the UMP's lip-dub ads in the Euros, btw? Another classic in la France d'apres.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »

Yes, the Petit Journal became really pretty good.

With Les Guignols and Guillon they are the necessary and good sarcasm of France for me.

big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 06:30:33 AM »

I agree of course, c'est lamentable.
Rather deeply stupid than outrageous though, because political propaganda is, per se, sh**t, even with French images...

What I would want to know is how Barthès and the people who work for him have found this.
Randomly, it's possible.
Or just because a copéiste has given them the source.

That's how now our medias, even the critical ones, work.
As a side note, this is even more saddening for me.

And the developing story on DSK threatening Sarkozy in the toilets of G20 summit brings the same problem.
It seems as if Frédéric Lefebvre was ready to give photos on sexual activities of DSK. That's properly disgusting. And what is even worse is that some "journalists" would be happy to take them.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 07:39:18 AM »

http://www.gettyimages.fr/Footage?language=fr&location=FRA

Not exactly hard to find, but somebody tipped them off on the location, though I wouldn't be convinced it's necessarily within the UMP.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »

I agree of course, c'est lamentable.
Rather deeply stupid than outrageous though, because political propaganda is, per se, sh**t, even with French images...

What I would want to know is how Barthès and the people who work for him have found this.
Randomly, it's possible.
Or just because a copéiste has given them the source.

That's how now our medias, even the critical ones, work.
As a side note, this is even more saddening for me.

And the developing story on DSK threatening Sarkozy in the toilets of G20 summit brings the same problem.
It seems as if Frédéric Lefebvre was ready to give photos on sexual activities of DSK. That's properly disgusting. And what is even worse is that some "journalists" would be happy to take them.

Seems that Barthès has a pretty team who likes searching all what concerns video images. Yay Petit Journal!

Though, yes, you never know from where it can come.

I haven't heard about that DSK affair.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »

http://www.lepoint.fr/actualites/2009-12-03/exclusif-l-avertissement-de-dsk-a-sarkozy/914/0/401077

You've also got something on Le Monde.fr.

Pretty fun to imagine it... Grin
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 08:35:01 AM »

Haha...

Dear...

Well, several questions, 1st, the one of the 1st comment on the page, from where a journalist got the info about that 'closet meeting'? And then, is that really an info? And then, do UMPers effectively have some 'affairs' on DSK?

Anyways, if effectively this had to be accurate, that wouldn't really surprise me from UMPers Lefevre style has never been really glorious, would Sarkozy support such an operation? Dunno, I could imagine it possible too.

Anyways, if that are just 'date affairs' even inside his job, French don't care much about that stuffs, we're not in US, we're still rather amused by this, well we've got a bit the US influence, but not so so much I think, not yet.

Anyways too, well, I don't know who I would have to blame here (journalists if that's a fake rumor, or politicians if that's actual) but I'm not a fan of to see such things in regular papers...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 08:52:47 AM »

This is Hervé Gattegno:
he was prominent in Colombani-Plenel's Le Monde, which became a sort of "bourgeois trash" paper, whatever the GREAT PRINCIPLES and VALUES that the White Knight Edwy Plenel always puts forward.... (Plenel and Colombani killed really the old Le Monde).
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 09:00:30 AM »

Haha, Plenel, damn.........

Well yes, that may be Gatégno that made the paper, but I think it's not that much illegitimate for it to be here if that's an accurate story. Would show the very low nastiness of the political stage, and people who would be to blame here are politicians and not journalists. It is a problem that it is here if that's a fake, if this toilet story is only rumor, because yes, who and how someone got that info.

And in both cases, even in the case that could be legitimate to be  here, I don't like it to be in papers.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies