Why I am not a liberal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:19:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  Why I am not a liberal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why I am not a liberal  (Read 21042 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: October 15, 2011, 06:05:02 AM »

I see that I never replied to this.

I don't really buy the notion that liberal ideology is inherently elitist anymore than any ideology is. Most of them are based around an idea of having come up with something that not everyone else has (enlightenment is in that sense almost inherent in ideology in general).

I'd rather say that the sort of people who have been liberals have indeed tended to be elitist - school teachers and such.

I would add that I think this essay/blog post would benefit quite a bit from you articulating what you are and showing why it is superior to liberalism on the points you bring up.

I also think the bit on collective v individual rights is sufficiently interesting to have its own essay rather than to be used an argument against liberalism. Tongue

I mean, personally I'm not convinced of collective rights as having any meaning, but then again I'm a liberal so what would you expect? Cheesy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »

Should I respond to that with my views as they are now or as they were in the Autumn of 2009? Cheesy

Not that there are any massive differences, of course.

Ha, weapon of your choice, sir. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies