Al Widdershins v Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:31:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Al Widdershins v Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Al Widdershins v Atlasia  (Read 2665 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: December 11, 2009, 07:55:26 AM »
« edited: December 11, 2009, 07:58:43 AM by Alonzo Lot »

I was to have been a candidate in the upcoming Senate elections. Alas, I have not made it onto the ballot because of a serious error by the Administration, namely that the following provision of Section Nine of the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I demand:

1. An injunction to halt the election in process.

2. That the election be thrown out as unconstitutional and re-run at an appropriate date after due notice has been given in the correct places.

I apologise if there are any technical errors in the above posting.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:09:54 PM »

I've seen the matter and notified the Justices.  We will make a decision as quickly as possible.

What is your basis for standing to bring this action?

I filed to run for election on the 6th of December - too late to make the ballot. Had a Notice of Poll been published I would certainly have filed in time. The publication of such a notice is a legal requirement. I am thus an injured party and the election is illegal.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »

Boo. Tongue

---

Meh. Not surprised - worth a try though.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 04:00:50 PM »

Fair enough, even if the court is apparently unaware of the meaning of the word 'notify" (not that that would make any difference). Pretty clear that legislation needs to be changed then.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »

It didn't address that question because I didn't sue over that.

Fair enough, even if the court is apparently unaware of the meaning of the word 'notify" (not that that would make any difference). Pretty clear that legislation needs to be changed then.

Huh?  Just explaining the thought process here: 

The legislation states that seven days advance public notice would be given.  If, at the seventh day before the election (whose specific six-hour period when it will begin is known), no public notice was given, you would be entirely within your rights to sue. 

However, once the election begins, the fact that the Constitution requires the election to begin between that six-hour period trumps the wrong that occurred through the no seven-day advance public notice.

Yes, I got that. That isn't what the little snipe was about.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »

It didn't address that question because I didn't sue over that.

Ah, noted. I figured that was the reason, but every now and then the Court answers a question not asked.

I suppose someone will sue over that sooner or later. As it would make me look insane in a comic way, I might.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »

Nonsense. It is the right of every freeborn Atlasian to sue and sue and sue again without reference to the law in question.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »

Yeah, the current situation is too confusing (as I know...). Admittedly, it isn't as though I had any intention of running as a serious candidate, but...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies