1968 Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:52:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1968 Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1968 Election  (Read 10547 times)
Kghadial
Rookie

« on: March 08, 2004, 06:38:58 PM »

I would have picked Humphrey, since at the time I wouldn't have known about Nixon signing the Clean Air Act (since obviously he wouldn't have been president yet to do so). I would have to go with the party that signed the Civil Rights Act. The Vietnam war would be a wash, since i think both candidates were denoucing it to some degree.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 08:44:47 PM »

I would have voted for Nixon.

And to set the record straight on civil rights, a higher percentage of Republicans in Congress voted for the Civil Rights laws than Democrats.

The Republicans tried to pass stronger civil rights laws under Eisenhower in the 1950s, but the Democrats in Congress stripped them of any real meaning.

I know that more republicans voted for the civil rights act. You are not 'setting the record straight', try not to sound so high and mighty. And I said the party who SIGNED the civil rights act.

I like Nixon as a president due to his first term achievements. However, before he had a first term there would be no way for me to know that he would have been such a good incumbent.

And that Agnew guy would have creeped me out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies