Democrat propaganda is working (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:32:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Democrat propaganda is working (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrat propaganda is working  (Read 7298 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: October 20, 2004, 11:13:52 AM »

I had Chemistry today, just got back. My lab partner noticed my Kerry/Edwards button on my backpack. He said "so you're voting Kerry too huh?"

I replied yes of course and he said "yeah, I am, I just registered, I normally don't care about voting but I heard rumors about Bush wanting to reinstate the draft, so I'm not taking any chances."

I smiled.

Ironic, ain't it?  Democrats gaining advantage from false draft paranoia, that is.

After all, it was U.S. congressman Chuck Rangel (democrat) who called for congress to reinstate the draft.  And when he did so, it was not only the republicans in congress, but also their minions on FOX, CNN, and other news outlets that were so dead set against it.  Rangel called it "shared sacrifice" and pushed it hard.  Luckily it was voted down, by over 400 congressman.  Over 400!  Does your buddy seriously think a draft is likely?  Would you prefer to let him?

Why should anyone think for himself anyway?  What advantage could there possibly be in that, when to do so would only force one into the awkward situation of the unprejudiced little boy in the tale of the emperor's new clothes? 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 03:06:10 PM »

CI is a troll.

Anyone that claims W supports the draft because he hasn't gotten rid of the Selective Service simply is not a credible person. They are a liar misrepresenting themselves, in all likelihood, to be so ignorant of reality.

nah, he just wants to pick a fight.  I like to read his posts, generally.  Spunky.  And unorthodox.  But of course he's misinterpreting the draft rumors, as in, taking them too seriously.  As are many folks.  But then that was the whole point of the propaganda.   Propaganda need not be true, just effective, right?  As Ed Rollins, Republican spinmeister extraordinaire, said, "The object is simply to win."  Republicans play that game pretty well to, just like the Dems do.  Best not to get one's panties all knotted up over these things.   Anyway, it's hard to call a Navy man a coward.  I'd say the same thing about John Kerry.  Questioning US foreign policy is not unpatriotic.  CI is dead wrong, and doesn't take the terrorism threat seriously perhaps, and maybe even enjoys playing you just a bit more than is proper, but he's not a troll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies