Sam Spade's 2010 Predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:26:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sam Spade's 2010 Predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sam Spade's 2010 Predictions  (Read 44683 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 22, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »

Made some changes to Senate/Governor today.  Also created Toss-up/Lean D, Pure Toss-up and Toss-up/Lean R for Senate races only as we're starting to get some idea where things begin there so far.

Now I decided to get rid of the Toss-up variations for now.  Flip-flop...

Btw, I am starting to see more of the logic that Al's reaching at in concluding that Republicans, in the end, may have a better shot at taking the Senate than the House.

Really? I haven't found Al's analysis in this thread, but is it because you're downgrading the GOP's chance of taking back the House, or are you more bullish than most analysts on the chance of a Republican Senate?

I'm genuinely curious here. From your rankings, Sam, to win the 10 seats necessary for a majority the Republicans would have to win all 5 tossup races, both lean D races (IL & CA), plus one of the 4 current likely D races. That seems like a highly unlikely scenario baring a 1994 like (or probably bigger) wave election, and I really can't see the Democrats keeping the House under such dire national circumstances.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:57:34 AM »

OH-Sen:  I'm still trying to figure out why Dems are excited considering their candidate is tied and the GOP candidate is barely known with a ton of money to spend and a good geographic base for the state (historically).

Because in this year, plus with at least 2 OH Dem House members and even Strickland seriously challenged for reelection, Fisher's position is relatively optimistic news. Key word: relatively. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies