Howard Dean Won't "Vigorously" Support Obama's Re-Election Bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:03:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Howard Dean Won't "Vigorously" Support Obama's Re-Election Bid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Howard Dean Won't "Vigorously" Support Obama's Re-Election Bid  (Read 5220 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2009, 06:09:03 AM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/12/17/howard_dean_wont_vigorously_support_obamas_re-election_bid.html
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:11:31 AM »

neither will I, but Dean needs to STFU right now.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »

neither will I, but Dean needs to STFU right now.

Why?  For ONCE he's being totally honest and non-partisan and most importantly Franzl, he's not waffling in his beliefs......like everyone else is, including Obama.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 09:41:51 AM »

I don't fault his principles...I have a lot respect for him and his ideas, but I consider the healthcare compromise to be a HELL of a lot better than nothing.

I think he's just being unrealistic and irresponsible.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 09:45:26 AM »

I don't fault his principles...I have a lot respect for him and his ideas, but I consider the healthcare compromise to be a HELL of a lot better than nothing.

For once I agree with him.........you can call it Health Care Reform til you're blue in the face.  That doesn't make it so.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »

For once I agree with him.........you can call it Health Care Reform til you're blue in the face.  That doesn't make it so.

What's wrong with it?

I think it's a pretty good market friendly bill actually.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »

Over the past few days, i've started to wonder if Dean is firing warning shots of a 3rd party run.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 10:26:32 AM »

What's wrong with it?

The insurance companies aren't trying to kill it in its present form like they were.......
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 01:11:51 PM »

What's wrong with it?

The insurance companies aren't trying to kill it in its present form like they were.......

I agree with you GG in disappointment in the bill. However it's still markedly better than the status quo, and it's shortcomings have much more to do with Sens. Lincoln, Nelson and (especially) Lieberman than Obama.

Dean does need to chill, IMHO. Criticize the bill for what it doesn't accomplish, yes, but abandoning Obama for Mitt, T-Paw or the Huckster??!? Chill Deanie babe, chill.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 01:18:19 PM »

Byahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »

So if Howard Dean ran as a left-wing alternative and Palin ran as a right-wing alternative to Tim Huckaromney... that would get interesting.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/17/howard-dean-i-wont-suppor_n_395599.html

Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean told the Huffington Post that he was misinterpreted and, subsequently misquoted when discussing his support for President Barack Obama on a morning cable show Thursday. Dean said that despite his call to defeat the health-care bill Obama is championing, he is prepared to campaign for Obama vigorously come 2012.

Oops.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 08:41:21 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/17/howard-dean-i-wont-suppor_n_395599.html

Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean told the Huffington Post that he was misinterpreted and, subsequently misquoted when discussing his support for President Barack Obama on a morning cable show Thursday. Dean said that despite his call to defeat the health-care bill Obama is championing, he is prepared to campaign for Obama vigorously come 2012.

Oops.

Looks like someone had a trip to the woodshed....
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 09:50:44 PM »

For once I agree with him.........you can call it Health Care Reform til you're blue in the face.  That doesn't make it so.

What's wrong with it?

I agree with you GG in disappointment in the bill. However it's still markedly better than the status quo, and it's shortcomings have much more to do with Sens. Lincoln, Nelson and (especially) Lieberman than Obama.

Obama could have put them in line if he wanted to, but instead he chose to attack the left of the party. The guy hasn't even hinted at consequences for opposing the original bill. Bush was able to pass almost his entire agenda(save SS privatization) with 50 to 55 senators, and he did it by putting pressure on them. Can you imagine LBJ just backing down on Medicare or the Civil Rights Act without putting up any effort whatsoever? This is how the healthcare debate has gone:

Obama: I want healthcare reform passed

Conservative Dems: Not unless you make it a complete waste of the paper it's written on and a huge handout to insurance companies

Obama: Ok

Real Dems: This bill needs to be more progressive

Obama: You're irrelevant and should go away, you're blocking my chances of getting something done, even though it's pointless, so I can go on being the celebrity that I am and tout myself as the guy that finally solved the healthcare crisis.

He never wanted a public option and has been nothing but a disingenuous liar. This "reform" is something I could easily see coming out of the Bush administration, just like nearly everything else Obama has done in office. As long as he's in office he's making the Democratic Party look bad and squandering opportunities. I would happily vote for Dean if he was a third party candidate, because frankly...I can't see Romney being any worse and Palin wouldn't win anyway; I'd rather have a clear conscience than be a party to the massive fraud being perpetrated by Obama.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »

If Dean runs he has my vote.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »

It would be pretty funny to see a former DNC Chairman running on a third party.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »

Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »

Although a Zionist hack, Dean still would have made a better president than Obama or Kerry.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 06:49:27 PM »

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »

Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 07:02:27 PM »

Although a Zionist hack, Dean still would have made a better president than Obama or Kerry or Gore or W. Bush or H.W. Bush or Clinton or Reagan or Nixon or Johnson or Truman.
DariusNJ

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »

For me it's too early to say right now. I don't like what he's been doing right now, but hopefully he smartens up and doesn't take the left for granted, otherwise Nader (or another liberal) could scoop up some votes in 2012. He still has to tackle issues such as gay rights, illegal immigration, the Iraq war, etc.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 01:10:07 PM »

LMAO, I love how quickly Rahm and his team contacted Dean and told him to shut it down.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies