Park & Coia Architects and Planners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Town Hall
  Park & Coia Architects and Planners
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Park & Coia Architects and Planners  (Read 3525 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:46:14 PM »

A STOVESBY FOR THE FUTURE

Welcome to PCAP, Stovesby's number one modern planners and architects, helping to build a new Stovesby, a city built for the 50's, a city of the future, a city of balance, a city on the go!

Our award winning King George Towers: this young lads future

VISION: Shaddyside expressway - western flank
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 03:51:17 PM »

Park and Coia submit plans for the redevelopment of Stovesby

Mr Simon Coia announced today the submission of a preliminary report. The vision includes a inner city ring round, and outher periperhy and the Shaddyside Expressway alongside longstanding commitments to zomes set aside for development. 
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »

Councilor Fife speaks about the new Park and Coia plan.

I am very excited about this new city development plan released by Park and Coia.  I am greatly intrigued by the Shaddyside Expressway, which, I believe, will bring new industry to all of the city.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:27:10 PM »

Councillor Fredericks (Saint Michael's) speaking on the campaign trail:

"I believe the Park and Coia plans for the redevelopment of Stovesby have lots of merit, definitely, especially in the way of redeveloping poorer areas and expanding road access to the suburban areas east and west. Yet, I must strongly protest the fact that Saint Michael's will not be benefiting from the expressway, despite our area hosting the city's growing airport and the fact that road congestion in the morning and afternoon is a major problem in this sector. For those reasons, unless the architects re-evaluate their plans to benefit Saint Michael's, I shall be forced to vote against these plans when they do come to council."
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:02:20 AM »

Just an OOC note: these are the plans of a private planning firm. They won't come up before the council, but may influence what does. Note that there's a proposal to knock down pretty much everything in the powerbase of the Chairman of the Public Works Committee; he's unlikely to like that idea much.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »

Councilor Walsh:

*When asked what he though about the plan*

"Yes, Nineteen Eighty-Four was a good movie, and I am glad to see enthusiasm for it hasn't left us.  But, in terms the future of our city, I prefer the human over the architectural imagery of Big Brother.

In our building efforts, we should focus our building on a human scale.  Build better.  Not bigger.  When creating new housing developments, we should consider how they will be manageable to people living in them.  Transportation, social services, commerce... all these are areas we must think about.

We should work on improving our existing neighborhoods before we expand into this non-sense."
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:45:43 AM »

Councillor Courtenay:

Some foreign Jim walks into Stovesby and says we must demolish it? This is yet another fantasy plan from the disgraceful Park and Coia, and further proof that the Conservatives, who sing in praise of it, are not to be trusted with the keys to the Town Hall.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »

NEWS RELEASE

Park and Coia are pleased to announce that our plan for the Old Cross redevelopment area has reached the final shortlist. The redevelopment of this 18th Century quarter has not been without oppoisition but Park and Coia believe that our radical plan to re-use stone from the soon to be demolished buildings will allow the area to retain it's character while providing a valuable and much needed addition to Stoveby's shopping needs.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »

Park & Coia may be interested to know that the latest City Development Plan will be presented at the next meeting of the Public Works Committee. The details are different from those proposed by P&C, though the general aims are broadly similar. Naturally the Public Works Department would prefer to work through local firms where possible.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies