Is Obama finished? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:59:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Obama finished? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 229

Author Topic: Is Obama finished?  (Read 316111 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: May 16, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »

I don't know how many times I've posted this, but I'll say it again: Approvals more than two years out have no bearing on the likelihood a president gets re-elected. Will a math-inclined person please run the regression and post the graph? I'd really appreciate it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »

WWII is what brought us out of the depression but even that was supply and demand. My teachers were in love with FDR's agencies and had us memorize the letters and what they stood for.

No you were in recovery until FDR moved too prematurely in cutting spending causing a dip from which WWII proved to be the way out. Either way he set into motion the greatest progressive era yet. The Golden Age of Capitalism (1950-1972) was not called that for nothing. For most ordinary people it was the best decades of their lives and certainly, as a whole, was better than anything that came before or since.

The only good period, during the Washington Consensus (1980-2008), was the Clinton presidency. For which I give the Republican Congress no credit, otherwise 'Winny' Bush wouldn't have been so abysmal

The 'Third Way' owns compassionate conservatism. Aye, the bigger the wallet, the more heart Bush had

Can you hear me all the way over there on the left? Our economy was AWFUL until 1995 when Newt Gingrich and the GOP took over and by March of 2000 we were already in a recession giving Bush one of the worst handed economies for any new presidents except for Reagan and FDR. You must enjoy Clinton's magic wand that made everything better.
Wrong. Per wikipedia: "The NBER's Business Cycle Dating Committee has determined that a peak in business activity occurred in the U.S. economy in March 2001. A peak marks the end of an expansion and the beginning of a recession."
Also
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies