PPT Election Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:13:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PPT Election Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PPT Election Thread  (Read 2501 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2009, 01:10:25 PM »

Senators, there is an election for the post of President Pro Tempore. There are two declared candidates: Fritz and NC Yankee. Please vote for one of the two.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »

North Carolina Yankee.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »

Fritz
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »

Fritz
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 11:44:43 PM »

Fritz
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 08:35:16 AM »

Since Yankee so strongly opposes my recess motion, I think he should have this job if that motion fails.  I withdraw my candidacy and change my vote to NCYankee.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2009, 12:50:51 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Since Yankee so strongly opposes my recess motion, I think he should have this job if that motion fails.  I withdraw my candidacy and change my vote to NCYankee.

The reason I oppose the recess motion is because I feel that its motivated by the personal time requirements of the majority at the expense of the Minority. My semester ends in January and thats when my final exams are. If you go on this "recess" the financial bill won't get done until the end of January.

Also, can you please stop this attitude. You pulled the same thing after the Bow Chicka Bow Wow act passed.

Really. Roll Eyes
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »

Thres no need to play this game 365 days a year. I support a recess motion for the Christmas period and will push for one in the new Senate to take effect every year.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 01:31:18 PM »

Thres no need to play this game 365 days a year. I support a recess motion for the Christmas period and will push for one in the new Senate to take effect every year.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 03:36:32 PM »

I'm against any permanent recess period. We will go on recess once the floor is empty.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »

I'm against any permanent recess period. We will go on recess once the floor is empty.

^^^This we shouldn't strive to mimic those buffoons in the RL senate. God save us from the mess they are in. We will go when we finish our work.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »

Some people here do like to think that they have lives. Though what we used to do IIRC was an unofficial do-nothing period on Christmas Day and New Year - perhaps my memory is wrong, though.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »

NCYankee: 3
Fritz: 2
yet to vote: 2

This vote will not expire until a majority is reached or until the 26th.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »

Some people here do like to think that they have lives. Though what we used to do IIRC was an unofficial do-nothing period on Christmas Day and New Year - perhaps my memory is wrong, though.

Well, usually no new bills are introduced after the election, so we have a couple of weeks to finish the old bills.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »

OMG I am actually agreeing with you for once.

I would 100% support an unofficial do-nothing period, as long as all pending bills get dispensed with. But there must not be a set date so that there is time to complete unfinished business then when pending business is finished we could recess.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »

NCYankee: 3
Fritz: 2
yet to vote: 2

This vote will not expire until a majority is reached or until the 26th.

fun fact! Two people left to vote: Hashemite and afleitch. If this vote isn't decided by the time I leave for my Christmas vacation tomorrow morning, then it will be up to afleitch as Dean of the Senate to close this vote. If he doesn't (and he probably won't because he's stated as well he's very busy for the holidays) then there will be nobody to close this election booth until the 27th and thus no PPT and no Senate leadership period for at least a four day period.

Considering that if we're going to be practically closed for half of the remaining term we might as well formally close for the rest of it, no?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 07:21:58 PM »

NCYankee
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »

Since Yankee so strongly opposes my recess motion, I think he should have this job if that motion fails.  I withdraw my candidacy and change my vote to NCYankee.

The reason I oppose the recess motion is because I feel that its motivated by the personal time requirements of the majority at the expense of the Minority. My semester ends in January and thats when my final exams are. If you go on this "recess" the financial bill won't get done until the end of January.

Also, can you please stop this attitude. You pulled the same thing after the Bow Chicka Bow Wow act passed.

Really. Roll Eyes

There was no "attitude" on my part here, my actions were completely logical, and so was my explanation of them.  What I pulled after the Bow Chicka bill falls under a completely different category, and is not relevant.  Aren't you happy that I changed my vote to you?  Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 07:50:13 PM »

Really. Roll Eyes

There was no "attitude" on my part here, my actions were completely logical, and so was my explanation of them.  What I pulled after the Bow Chicka bill falls under a completely different category, and is not relevant.  Aren't you happy that I changed my vote to you?  Smiley

I am thrilled beyond belief, to tell you the truth. Smiley.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 07:58:53 PM »

Another reason I withdrew is because, I've re-thought running for this in January.  I have a vacation planned for the last week of January, so it's probably not a good idea for me to become PPT this session.  So Yankee, if you want the job in January, I won't oppose you for it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 08:03:35 PM »

Another reason I withdrew is because, I've re-thought running for this in January.  I have a vacation planned for the last week of January, so it's probably not a good idea for me to become PPT this session.  So Yankee, if you want the job in January, I won't oppose you for it.

We'll see. Wink Evil Grin
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »

NCYankee is now elected PPT!
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »

CONGRATS YANK!!!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »

Good. I was to change my vote, I can't support someone against Senate work as the PPT.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies