5 region maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:57:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  5 region maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5 region maps  (Read 14642 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: March 08, 2004, 10:40:41 PM »

I like C
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 06:44:03 PM »

How about this, 5 regions:

You have Northeast, South, Midwest, Heartland, and Pacific.

This plan REALLY limits the political power of our souther friends on the forum.  (sends a suspicious glance toward Miami)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 10:35:53 PM »

I'm a little confused, I assuming that we held or are holding fantasy elections. If we are I'd like to know where on your nicely divided map of the United States I fit? (I'm Canadian.) I'd like to participate if I could and also could someone in general fill me in.

siege40@hotmail.com

Siege40

If you register, then you represent Michigan, unless you change your state.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 10:38:30 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2004, 10:39:31 PM by supersoulty »

I think that TomatPitt should be taken off, since he hasn't posted in forever and he didn't vote in the last election.  If he becomes active again then we will just count him in again, but I don't think that he should be counted on for deciding regions at the moment.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 10:42:06 PM »

This map is based on voter registration in the Atlas.
The Southern, Western, and New York/New England regions have nine registered voters, the others have 10.

I'mnot accusing anyone of anything, but the way this map is drawn up definatly seems to favor the Democrats.  As near as I can tell, they would out poll us in every region INCLUDING the south.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 10:45:01 PM »

The Constitution also needs a census provision so that every 10 months we can re adjust the districts.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 11:58:55 PM »

We can't just re4arrange the districts all the time, just like you can't rearrange states.

Once we have a plan, we need to stick to it.

In a day or so, I'll put up the poll of the ten top choices. if people could start by telling me what their top 10 are, that'd be good.

Remember, each person can only have one map on the poll, but you can list as many as you want from any person, just make sure you put the best one, in your opinion, first.

My list will be in my next post, I just want to review the choices Smiley

(Dramatically pounds fist against podium)

No dammit!!!  We need a census that readjust districts.  It is the only way to insure that the elections are fair.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 12:04:34 AM »

I have a new proposal.  Why not two sets of districts?  One set will be perminant and will NEVER change.  The other will be subject to change every Atlas Census (10 months)  The distrcits will be numbered1-10 and will each be represented by a Senator, but we will have representation for population and states (10 states in each).  I will create two maps to illustrate my point.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2004, 12:13:24 AM »

These are not the acctual maps to use but I'm only making a point

This represents distrcicts 1-5.  Each has 10 states.  These don't change.

This represents our map based of the census (registered voters)  These would be subject to change as demographics shifted.  Districts 6-10

See what I mean?

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 12:15:23 AM »

These are not the acctual maps to use but I'm only making a point

This represents distrcicts 1-5.  Each has 10 states.  These don't change.

This represents our map based of the census (registered voters)  These would be subject to change as demographics shifted.  Districts 6-10

See what I mean?

This way we kinda have a House and Senate representation, but in a uni-cameral body.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 12:16:42 AM »

What if an elected official losing his state from the region he represents in the redistribution? That seems to me to be extremely unfair.

Happens in real life all the time.  He will just have to run against the incubent then.  Also, no Senate primaries.  Just one election and then a run-off if no one breaks 50%
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 12:26:10 AM »

But if he is the incumbent of region X, and is forced into region Y, he has significantly lower chance at election, and also his policies, mindset and opinions might not be the same in his new region at all (ie, if NJ was forced to go into the south region).

Whilst I recognise what you are saying, and think it is better then some of the other proposals, imho, I still see fatal flaws in shifting districts.

I don't see any flaws in it (makes sense since I did propose it)  Indeed, I see what you call flaws as being strengths.  It forces some competitivness, which wouldn't be there much other wise.  This is supposed to be fun.  Fun=Competitive.  And it provides geographic and population balance, which would unite the two major competing ideologies of the forum.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2004, 12:28:58 AM »

But if he is the incumbent of region X, and is forced into region Y, he has significantly lower chance at election, and also his policies, mindset and opinions might not be the same in his new region at all (ie, if NJ was forced to go into the south region).

Whilst I recognise what you are saying, and think it is better then some of the other proposals, imho, I still see fatal flaws in shifting districts.

I don't see any flaws in it (makes sense since I did propose it)  Indeed, I see what you call flaws as being strengths.  It forces some competitivness, which wouldn't be there much other wise.  This is supposed to be fun.  Fun=Competitive.  And it provides geographic and population balance, which would unite the two major competing ideologies of the forum.

Plus, it sets it up so that even if the minority party is fairly out numbered, they will have a greater chance at gaining seats, because a district dominated by one party or the other is just gonna put two guys from the same party in anyway.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2004, 12:36:24 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2004, 12:36:45 AM by supersoulty »

Hughento, the nation is waiting for your response with baited breath.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2004, 12:44:20 AM »

What I want to say will not help with my application for GM, and as I am supposed to be running this thread independently, I probably ought not to offer any more opinions Tongue

I really should be a politician, you know Wink

Still, I would like to know what you think.  I'm not normally pushy, but I think that this is a damn good idea.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 02:19:53 PM »

This better not lead to scandal Harry. I don't want allegations of co-operating with the Democrats ruining my Progressive record. Lol.

Siege40

Did you register to vote yet?  You have to register.  Just go to the Register thread and say 'I register'.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 02:21:24 PM »

I take it that no one liked my plan.  Oh, well.  I guess I'll just go bac into retirement and twiddle my thumbs for a while.  Sad
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2004, 02:52:09 PM »

Dammit, I think that I have the right idea here and I am not backing off of this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies