When Will the GOP Consistenly Begin to win a majority of the Latino vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:51:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When Will the GOP Consistenly Begin to win a majority of the Latino vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When Will the GOP Consistenly Begin to win a majority of the Latino vote?  (Read 7642 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« on: December 23, 2009, 12:05:02 AM »

I'm going to say the elections of 2064 and beyond.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »

Unless the GOP moderates its position on illegal immigrants I doubt that they'll have a chance at the Latino vote until the grandchildren of current illegal aliens are eligible to vote.

Whiel illegal immigration is an important issue for many Latino voters, I read on numerous occasions that Latino voters also care about other issues a lot (such as healthcare, the economy, taxes, foreign policy, etc.) Besides, the Republicans lost the Latino vote even back when they were in favor of amnesty for illegals (under Reagan) or when illegal immigration was not that big of an issue.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »

Republicans would be better off to go after asians, as most of them are inherently fiscally conservative.

The last three Republican Presidents (all self-declared "fiscal conservatives") were the most fiscally irresponsible Presidents in our nation's history. I doubt empasizing fiscal conservatism will win back Asian voters when the GOP have demonstrated time and time again that they are hypocrites on the issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies