Redcommander's 2010 Election Senate Results Timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:09:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Redcommander's 2010 Election Senate Results Timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Redcommander's 2010 Election Senate Results Timeline  (Read 37305 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 03, 2010, 09:21:05 PM »

Okay, well its a revolutionary concept, the content however is imperfect.

For one, I highly doubt Schiff will win the CT GOP primary. If he does, Dodd will survive.

There is no way Burr or Blunt is losing in a landslide of this proportions. Whatever there issues are, they would be carried to victory on the slant of the year alone.

New York's class I seat is not going to be lost to anyone except maybe either Rudy or Pataki and definately not to some mayor from some small town. If the Mayor of Yonkers couldn't get 35% against Hillary Clinton, a smaller town mayor isn't getting over that either.

Next, there has been no primary polling in Nevada, that I have seen so far and my guess would be that Sue Lowden would have a slight advantage over Tarkanian but since that is in the air I won't criticize your call on that.

Lastly the polling we do have in Kansas says that Jerry Moran is leading Tiarht narrowly with most of NE Kansas undecided and they will decide the winner. Moran leads the Western part of the state and Tiarht in the SE portion. I think Moran would have the edge in NE Kansas but in such an instance I think for credibility purposes alone, you should go with the current polling data.

Finally some of your margins are bit out of left field.

Other then those issues, its great and again a revolutionary concept. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 08:38:18 PM »

Now that we are done with this ridiculous and entirely pointless thread, what comes next?

I know what comes next. Democratic landside in 2016. Dems pickup 13 seats. lol
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »

Now that we are done with this ridiculous and entirely pointless thread, what comes next?

I know what comes next. Democratic landside in 2016. Dems pickup 13 seats. lol

It all comes down to candidate recruitment. The only thing ridiculous about this thread is that I gave North Carolina to the Democrat who I think is the most electable running. Also I threw in a few retirements and candidates that probably won't happen or run.

Look up 1986. This map is even right now. If a landslide GOP victory occurs it will mean the Dems have fewer seats and thus a good map in 2016 to make big gains off of.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »

The map is similar. A 2010 result like that would definitely set up a highly favorable map for democrat gains in 2016. That's part of the reason I set up Democrat pickups in Missouri and North Carolina. Burr will probably win reelection, but those two pickups would give the GOP two places to run offensive in 2016 against defensive in the rest of the country in my scenario.

Then it was a pretty good idea.

To be honest I would be happy if we got 45 seats in 2010 and be content with that. If Obama flounders we can reap the benefits of having a very favorable 2012 map. For instance why waist Hoeven in 2010 when he can take out Conrad in 2012 who is contacted to one of Dodd's scandles. There is Nebraska, and Rehberg can knock out Tester. Thats 48. Sam Graves, Jo Ann Emerson, Todd Akin or Jim Talent can challange McCaskil. Polling recently dones shows that despite Macaca, George Allen has positive approvals and leads Jim Webb. There are other candidates as well such as Governor Bob McDonnell if he is popular and Eric Cantor. Bill Nelson could retire in 2012 and the GOP bench in FL is teeming with good candidates. Thats 51 and not considering possibilities for retirement of Dems like Bob Casey, Debbie Stabenow, Herb Kolh, etc etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies