What candidate do you most want to see win in 2010? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:53:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  What candidate do you most want to see win in 2010? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What candidate do you most want to see win in 2010?  (Read 35789 times)
GOP732
Rookie

« on: January 02, 2010, 11:29:51 PM »

For me its Rubio in Florida.
GOP732
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »

all very interesting answers.
We don't have to wait much longer, its finally an election year.
GOP732
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »

Senate

Illinois: Giannoulias. From what I can tell, he is more in line with Illinois's views than Kirk, and I find that to be an important variable in how good a candidate one is. That, and i have little idea what Kirk truly stands for.
Delaware: Castle. The Senate, and Delaware, need more moderates/centrists; plus, Castle's views are fairly in-line with Delaware's, from what I can tell at least.
North Dakota: Hoeven. With Dorgan's sudden decision to retire, the seat is likely to end up back in Republican hands anyway - and the governor is currently their best option.
Massachusetts: Brown. Again, both the state and the Senate need more moderates.
Missouri: Carnahan. Blunt deals too much in right-wing extremes for my liking.
Kentucky: Paul. He is truly unique amongst the current crowd of Republicans, being strikingly Libertarian, and I find that particularly appealing - and apparently, so does Kentucky. The Libertarian movement deserves to gain ground, and their best hope for a good start is in Paul.
Florida: Rubio. Crist reminds me too much of the George Bush style of Republican.
Nevada: Lowden, narrowly. She strikes me as the better candidate to dethrone Reid than Tarkanian - stronger, and with more experience.
Pennsylvania: Sestak, if he manages to pull through in the primaries somehow. If not, Toomey. Anyone but Specter, frankly.
Oklahoma: Henry, if he decides to run. A rather out-there hope, I know, but I cannot stand Coburn.

Governors

Texas: Hutchison. Perry is as radical as right-wing radicals come, almost to the extent of Tom Coburn, and not to mention the whole deal about being Bush's former lieutenant governor.
Wyoming: Freudenthal. As someone who actually lives in Wyoming, I can personally vouch for Freudenthal's success and efficiency as a governor, as can most of the rest of the state's population. Even considering that it would mean overturning term limits, I support the idea of our governor running for a third term for one reason - Freudenthal works for Wyoming, and that works for me.

so many people say they're "independent" but it seems you're one of the few who really are (thats a compliment Smiley)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies