Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:21:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List  (Read 39826 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 04, 2010, 09:55:47 PM »

I hope you and Gustaf can keep to this. An important step to improve the quality of these boards.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »

Libertas holds office; You want to put an asterisk next to his name, too.

I don't see a reason why Winston belongs on this list, as he doesn't do "chronic personal attacks" on people. Sure, he holds grudges, but he doesn't go out of his way to mess with people.

The asterisk by the name doesn't lead down to the asterisk at the bottom. It indicates "sever cases."
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:34:13 PM »

Note to community:

There's a lot of bitching going on and there was a lot of infractions dealt out today. To the few involved posters that are actually worth something, keep in mind that you may be infracted when stepping over the line even if the other guy is a total moron.

To the rest of you, keep digging.

Today's lesson (and shameless plug): This was some good legislation. Bring it back.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »

Note to community:

There's a lot of bitching going on and there was a lot of infractions dealt out today. To the few involved posters that are actually worth something, keep in mind that you may be infracted when stepping over the line even if the other guy is a total moron.

To the rest of you, keep digging.

Today's lesson (and shameless plug): This was some good legislation. Bring it back.

I disagree.  Now that it's clear to the mods Dave's will on posting PMs, and now that we're enforcing it, it'd be hard to prosecute cases.  Many people wouldn't see the posting of PMs before they're deleted by a mod, and it's certainly not Gustaf/MJ's job to tell the AG when they've deleted a post so he can prosecute.

Prosecution would be uneven, at best.

We will have to see if it is actually enforced on these boards. I hope it is and we can forget about the issue.

Prosecution is only a patch to address a problem that needs mod supervision. As long as moderation proves sufficient, I'll be happy.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »

Well, if the mods hadn't deleted the PMs while abiding by Dave's policy, Marokai might not be eligible for office.

The law against posting PMs was repealed, so that is not the case. Though I did voice my displeasure in private about the posting of PMs, as I have in public and private many times before.

I wish we had a more congenial atmosphere in this game, but my efforts to institutionalize that have faced considerable opposition. So I will keep instigating and pressing for reforms that demonstrate what we want in this online community. I hope people will join me in the effort.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies