Best GOP Candidate in Colorado
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:45:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Best GOP Candidate in Colorado
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: MINUS the fact of money...who would be the strongest candidate? let's just say they all raised equal amounts of bucks
Cleve Tidwell

Ken Buck

Tom Wiens

Jane Norton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Best GOP Candidate in Colorado  (Read 3555 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »

Throw the money factor outa there, who would be the best choice based on experience, character, grassroots, issue stances, how they campaign, etc.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »

with so many exciting candidates I just don't know how to choose.
DS0816
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »

I'm going with Lt. Gov. Jane Norton because Colorado has trended Democratic, and the fact that more women have been winning the governorship has me thinking of the notion whether Norton could become the first for the Centennial State. (Keep in mind: North Carolina promoted, via Election 2008, then-Lt. Gov. Bev Perdue to become that state's first-ever female governor.)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »

I'm going with Lt. Gov. Jane Norton because Colorado has trended Democratic, and the fact that more women have been winning the governorship has me thinking of the notion whether Norton could become the first for the Centennial State. (Keep in mind: North Carolina promoted, via Election 2008, then-Lt. Gov. Bev Perdue to become that state's first-ever female governor.)

Norton's running for Senate.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:12:55 PM »

Norton
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 07:31:15 PM »

nobody here is looking at the fact that she's a women. We were the second state to allow women to vote. We aren't the south.

Instead we are all looking past that and at her charisma which has been beat by the piece of dry wall.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 08:22:08 PM »

I don't think any of the candidates in this race [outside of Frazier, who dropped out] have even really attempted to create personality-brand yet.
ModernWhig
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »

Norton.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 01:03:05 AM »

Jane Norton. Maybe Penry should switch to this race, however.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »

Maybe Penry should switch to this race, however.

That's why he ran for Governor, he wanted higher office but didn't want to leave the state, away from his family. Also why he isn't challenging Salazar in CD-3 which he could pick up for Republicans.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »

I don't think any of the candidates in this race [outside of Frazier, who dropped out] have even really attempted to create personality-brand yet.

I was going for Frazier too, but since day 1 of campaigning he's done nothing but give the same speech. He doesn't show up to party events, doesn't try and expects us to hand him everything because he's a "different type of candidate".

Cleve Tidwell is establishing himself has the far right candidate with tea party, 912, Ron Paul and far right groups supporting him all over the state as well as multiple candidates running for major office in the state (unofficially of course), The Hispanic (they love him, don't know why, always on their radio shows and at their events in the south), Asian (very close ties to everyone in that area) and Black communities (black caucus) and even big names like Congressmen Trent Franks from Arizona.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »

with so many exciting candidates I just don't know how to choose.
true liberty
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

norton i think has the best chance but cleve tidwell is best politically from what i've seen.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »

norton i think has the best chance but cleve tidwell is best politically from what i've seen.

Norton - money= nothing. That's the only reason I think people think she's the best, especially out of the state who aren't able to see everything in the race 24/7. I do agree Tidwell is the best politicially, he has a great background while proving a conservative record without being in office through fiscal responsiblity in his businesses
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 02:17:00 AM »

Jane Norton, judging by recent polls. I think female Republicans do better with women voters, a Democratic leaning group, which makes them pretty strong as candidates.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies