Would you ever vote for a strip club owner for higher office?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:33:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you ever vote for a strip club owner for higher office?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Would you ever vote for a strip club owner for higher office?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Would you ever vote for a strip club owner for higher office?  (Read 3925 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2010, 01:19:09 AM »

Yes, just like the Freedom Fighters of some ward in Albert Lea, Minnesota did.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 02:33:43 AM »

I doubt it. And yes I know it is flawed with how I would vote on the prostitute thread. But strip clubs are just gross to me. And the owner must be a slim ball to be an owner of one. So I say no. He wold be way to corrupt.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »

The answer to this and the other recent previous questions of "would you vote for..." is still IT DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:22:36 AM »

I doubt it. And yes I know it is flawed with how I would vote on the prostitute thread. But strip clubs are just gross to me. And the owner must be a slim ball to be an owner of one. So I say no. He wold be way to corrupt.

You mean slime ball?  Roll Eyes  I'm sure some are.  One of my clients owns one....the most popular one in Pittsburgh.  If you met him you'd swear he was a preppy teacher from an ivy league school.  He's made millions and if you think he exploits the women, think again.  He has so many wanting to work there voluntarily casue the money is phenomenal he couldn't even begin to hire a fraction of them. 

So, as others have pointed out, it depends on the person - this guy, yes I would.  He knows how to make money, create jobs, and he's well connected Wink
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:31:50 AM »

No, they enable sleaze.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 10:48:10 AM »

You mean slime ball?  Roll Eyes  I'm sure some are.  One of my clients owns one....the most popular one in Pittsburgh.  If you met him you'd swear he was a preppy teacher from an ivy league school.  He's made millions and if you think he exploits the women, think again.  He has so many wanting to work there voluntarily casue the money is phenomenal he couldn't even begin to hire a fraction of them. 

So, as others have pointed out, it depends on the person - this guy, yes I would.  He knows how to make money, create jobs, and he's well connected Wink
Ok. I like well preps. But not all of them are like that. He must be one cool dude. However, I would still get a slimy feeling voting for him. And this had nothing to do with exploiting women. It is just that I have never been comfortable about club owners. I lived next to a lot of the clubs and met all the owners. Bottom line, I just wouldn't do it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:00:12 AM »

Fake Libertarian.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »

Who? I'm not a Libertarian.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »

The moralf****try on the Atlas is stunning.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 12:10:01 PM »

The moralf****try on the Atlas is stunning.

You probably know my answer.

As for "women being exploited", hey... I'll say most of them want to do it.  Hell, clubs have to turn away girls.  I'll even go as far to say some strippers want to do even more with the men "off the menu" so to speak.  Yes, I had one who was even calling me at work to do things.  And no, it was not for more money if you know what I mean.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

Only if he lived in the suburbs, had an Emo haircut and considered There Will Be Blood to be one of the greatest movies of all time.

Otherwise, no.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »

Ok. I like well preps. But not all of them are like that. He must be one cool dude. However, I would still get a slimy feeling voting for him.

(Diamonds on my damn chain, diamonds in my damn chain!)

"I'm like, ooh, daddy, I see you did a damn thing,
Got my vote, I'm feelin' ya campaign,
I like you, but I really like ya damn chain!"

It kinda explains the way she reactin'
She liked my necklace so she started relaxin'
Now that's what the fuck I call a chain reaction!

Wink
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 05:03:18 PM »

LOL!!!!
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »

If that had been his(or her, I suppose) primary career, then no. If he owned a bunch of businesses or invested in a strip club, maybe...
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 05:28:33 PM »

Yes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 12:10:08 AM »

Only if he lived in the suburbs, had an Emo haircut and considered There Will Be Blood to be one of the greatest movies of all time.

Otherwise, no.

Considering how much I hate the former two and strongly agree with the last one, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 12:18:56 AM »

Otherwise, no.

Excellent movie. That preacher deserved what he got.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »

Owners of strip clubs make used car salesmen and lawyers look good.  Still, I'd be willing to get past it and vote for him/her, but he/she'd have to be really good to over come this one.  All else being equal I'd rather vote for a pot dealing cop.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 01:47:21 AM »

Owners of strip clubs make used car salesmen and lawyers look good.  Still, I'd be willing to get past it and vote for him/her, but he/she'd have to be really good to over come this one.  All else being equal I'd rather vote for a pot dealing cop.

You really are quite the prude, aren't you?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 01:48:01 AM »

Obviously
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 01:51:25 AM »

You can personally not care for strip clubs and still not demonize the people who own/work at them. I mean read all that I say about marijuana, then consider I hardly ever use it (only if some people have a bunch at a party and it's being passed around, that sort of thing.)
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 01:53:48 AM »

You can personally not care for strip clubs and still not demonize the people who own/work at them. I mean read all that I say about marijuana, then consider I hardly ever use it (only if some people have a bunch at a party and it's being passed around, that sort of thing.)

Marijuana is not sleazy like strip clubs are.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 02:05:34 AM »

Aren't you in favor of legalizing prostitution? I don't disagree but seems like an odd double standard.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 02:16:20 AM »

You can personally not care for strip clubs and still not demonize the people who own/work at them.
I've got nothing against any individual worker/owner of a strip club.  As a group though, they each tend to have some very basic traits that are pretty common.  And I empathize with the workers, I certainly don't mean to demonize them.  Having "daddy issues", drug problems, a funked up view of sex and a severely short career window isn't something I'd wish on any normal person.  (and no, I'm not saying 100% of them are like this, obviously not.  But like I said in the other thread, "stereotyping is fun!".)

The owners on the other hand....

And I don't want to shut them down and would vote against laws keeping them away from certain places.  Full nude, serving beer and hard drink, sex acts, I don't care.  I'm also very much for legalized prostitution.  It's not a double standard to want something legal but still disagree with it.  I don't want to make everything I don't like illegal...that's what Democrats and Republicans do.  I'm better than that.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 02:23:44 AM »

You can personally not care for strip clubs and still not demonize the people who own/work at them.
I've got nothing against any individual worker/owner of a strip club.  As a group though, they each tend to have some very basic traits that are pretty common.  And I empathize with the workers, I certainly don't mean to demonize them.  Having "daddy issues", drug problems, a funked up view of sex and a severely short career window isn't something I'd wish on any normal person.  (and no, I'm not saying 100% of them are like this, obviously not.  But like I said in the other thread, "stereotyping is fun!".)

Of the ones I've met, the third is the only one arguably common, possibly the fourth, but I've met enough strippers over 38 to say that enough of them have a career window of around 20 years, not severely short.

What's wrong with them?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies