AR-02/SurveyUSA: Rep. Vic Snyder (D) in disturbing shape (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:58:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  AR-02/SurveyUSA: Rep. Vic Snyder (D) in disturbing shape (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AR-02/SurveyUSA: Rep. Vic Snyder (D) in disturbing shape  (Read 2738 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:54:32 AM »

FDL is sponsoring polls now?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:29:44 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2010, 04:34:50 AM by Lunar »

Yup.  And it looks like they hired one of the best local pollsters in the business - which is good news for us.

Meh, I've always liked the Kos-sponsored R2k polls, although they weren't especially accurate, you could adjust them a couple points more Republican and they'd usually be pretty good, and the polls were so prolific that it'd be almost unacceptable to ignore them.  What was/is key in my ability to interpret the R2k polls is their consistency, which is fairly solid.

I don't have the numbers in front of my and it's pretty late at night, but SUSA is one of the most erratic pollsters out there, right [ignoring Zogby]?  While that might be better for making news and making business, I'm not the biggest fan in the world of SUSA, and become even more skeptical of them if they're hired by a partisan organization.  I feel that it is in the polling industry's business interests to be erratic and release "surprising" poll results, and I fear that SUSA may have a methodology conducive to that pressure, less so than Zogby of course. 

We'll see.  Arkansas, like West Virginia, is a weird state.  Maybe it'll finally align with its conservative potential.  Snyder also isn't the most passionate politician out there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies