Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:36:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372379 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »

In the off chance that any women are reading this thread... I would like to apologise on behalf of the entire forum.

There must be 2 Reverends posting on this thread then.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2010, 10:44:36 AM by Determined Voter »

I'm probably going to call her about 1:00 or 2:00 this afternoon and try to get with her about 4:00 and maybe do a Saturday matinee and dinner.  I'm thinking about seeing The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock.  I'll see what she wants to do.  I can't call her until after noon, and the matinee show starts at 3:30, so i would have to call her about 12:30 and pick her up by 2:30.

EDIT:  Just as I submitted this post, she called me and we're going to meet at her house about noon and then we'll go see The Blind Side at 3:30, then go to my church's spaghetti dinner tonight.  So, instead of a date night, it will be a date day!!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2010, 11:11:21 AM »

bushie needs his own reality show...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2010, 11:13:21 AM »

Perhaps a musical could be made.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2010, 11:44:07 AM »

yes, i am working on creating one.

I do not see why everyone bitches about this threads. If you do not like them, don't read them!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2010, 11:51:44 PM »

We had a great time today!!  I picked her up about 12:30 and dropped her off about 9:00.  We didn't go see the movie as she just wanted to talk, so we just walked around the mall for a little bit and came back to my house and just sat and talked and played with my kitty!!  The spaghetti dinner was cancelled so we just ate Mexican food.  We had a good conversation today.  She did bring up the "future" today, and she wants to wait until this Thanksgiving or Christmas, at the earliest, before we advance any further and until late 2011 or early 2012 before we tie the knot if things go that far.  I wasn't going to bring it up, but she brought it up.  She wants to get to know me a lot better.  She has to take care of her mother and grandmother, neither one of whom are in very good health.  Her mother is 60 years old but the cartilage in her spine is dissolving causing bone on bone pain.  She also has some kind of disease that makes her arms and legs swell.  Her grandmother is in her early 80s and has no teeth and is a diabetic, so she has to cut up her food to give to her and Susan has to take care of her such as bathe her and such, because her mother can't really do it.  So, even if we do get married, she wants to wait until her grandmother passes on before she moves in with me and move her mother into an apartment close to us so we can take care of her in her advanced years.  I told her I would make her take care of them since they have been there for her her entire life.  I told her I'm not even really thinking that far in the future.  I have my ideas, but I haven't put too much thought into it.  This just gives us a long time to get to know each other.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2010, 12:16:05 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2010, 08:24:46 AM by pretentious partial sentence for a username »

I picked her up about 12:30 and dropped her off about 9:00.

This inexactitude is unacceptable.  You've changed.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2010, 12:33:18 AM »

The spaghetti dinner was cancelled so we just ate Mexican food. 

If she doesn't start agreeing to eating healthier (neither of those options count fwiw) I'm going to mark her down as trying to murder you via food within a few months of your wedding so she can make off with your life insurance
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2010, 09:09:16 PM »

One side note, I did find out Saturday that she doesn't care whether I am a Democrat or a Republican.  She brought up that conversation saying that she found out that I voted for President Obama, and she said she didn't care, that she loves me for me, not for my political views.  She's not a political person per se, but she is a Republican, and like me is independently minded.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »

Congrats, Hugh, although really we should have all spotted it a mile off.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »

One side note, I did find out Saturday that she doesn't care whether I am a Democrat or a Republican.  She brought up that conversation saying that she found out that I voted for President Obama.

How did she find that out? Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2010, 11:27:28 PM »

One side note, I did find out Saturday that she doesn't care whether I am a Democrat or a Republican.  She brought up that conversation saying that she found out that I voted for President Obama.

We knew each other in 2008 and were really good friends back then and she knew I was going to vote for Obama.  Then, last week, the friend that put us together told her I changed my registration for her benefit (which was not the case), but she told me that she doesn't care what political party I belong to.  She only cares if I belong to my God and to her.  She knows I'm mostly conservative when you balance everything out, but she doesn't care what political party I belong to.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2010, 11:46:05 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2010, 11:48:42 PM by Lunar »

hah, your real life friends are suspecting what your virtual friends are suspecting?

It's alright.  I once suspected this friend of a friend changed his entire religion [from some random Protestant branch to Catholicism] to pursue this girl he liked.  Of course he did this all while he barely knew her so he could join her religious social network [he was Vietnamese so it was less weird in the Bay Area where most Vietnamese are Catholic anyway].

Hey, I've pretended to like music I didn't like before for the same reasons in the same situation, so no shame in that.  I actually started to like some of that music.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2010, 01:35:10 AM »

I figured she assumed because of his liberal attitudes toward sex Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »

The most disturbing thing lately is Bushie is  sporting Indianapolis Colts blue and a screen name for the Saints.

This is one confused man.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2010, 10:55:22 PM »

She met my parents tonight and it was a HUGE success!!  They love her and she loves them.  They told me that they could tell that she needs me and I needed her and that she really likes me.  They didn't think Tiffanye even liked me and definitely didn't need me.  So, it was a great first encounter with her and my parents.  Friday night, we'll either have another game night with our friends, or we might have a movie night with my parents.  Saturday is a Valentine's Banquet and she will be going to church with me Sunday morning.  So, it will be a great weekend up ahead!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2010, 08:49:18 AM »

She met my parents tonight and it was a HUGE success!!  They love her and she loves them.  They told me that they could tell that she needs me and I needed her and that she really likes me.  They didn't think Tiffanye even liked me and definitely didn't need me.  So, it was a great first encounter with her and my parents.  Friday night, we'll either have another game night with our friends, or we might have a movie night with my parents.  Saturday is a Valentine's Banquet and she will be going to church with me Sunday morning.  So, it will be a great weekend up ahead!!

Did they like Tiffanye too?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

No.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »

We're going over to my parents' tomorrow night to eat dinner and watch a movie.  It'll be a nice time together without having to buy food.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

I hope you and Susan enjoy your time with your parents.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2010, 09:27:46 PM by Flyers2010 »

She met my parents tonight and it was a HUGE success!!  They love her and she loves them.  They told me that they could tell that she needs me and I needed her and that she really likes me.  They didn't think Tiffanye even liked me and definitely didn't need me.  So, it was a great first encounter with her and my parents.  Friday night, we'll either have another game night with our friends, or we might have a movie night with my parents.  Saturday is a Valentine's Banquet and she will be going to church with me Sunday morning.  So, it will be a great weekend up ahead!!

No.

My sister would have probably killed her if the same thing happened to me.  I was at a happy hour and bought a girl a drink then got snubbed and my sister got pissed over that.  I couldn't imagine an engagement ring involved.

I'm glad it's working out well for you after what you've been through.  Keep it up man!
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2010, 02:19:44 PM »

She met my parents tonight and it was a HUGE success!!  They love her and she loves them.  They told me that they could tell that she needs me and I needed her and that she really likes me.  They didn't think Tiffanye even liked me and definitely didn't need me.  So, it was a great first encounter with her and my parents.  Friday night, we'll either have another game night with our friends, or we might have a movie night with my parents.  Saturday is a Valentine's Banquet and she will be going to church with me Sunday morning.  So, it will be a great weekend up ahead!!

You're in violation of point number one of Fast Time's Five Point Plan: First of all 'Dat, you never let on how much you like a girl.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »

You're in violation of point number one of Fast Time's Five Point Plan: First of all 'Dat, you never let on how much you like a girl.

Hey, I'm just repeating what my mother told me.

Anyway, Friday night went great!!  We went over to my parents and ate dinner and watched the Marx Brothers movie Duck Soup which she loved.  Then, I took her to my grandmother's and introduced them to each other before taking her home.  Tonight is the Valentine's BBQ and tomorrow morning she's going to church with me, so we still have a good weekend together!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2010, 11:37:08 AM »

Hey, I'm just repeating what my mother told me.

Anyway, Friday night went great!!  We went over to my parents and ate dinner and watched the Marx Brothers movie Duck Soup which she loved.  Then, I took her to my grandmother's and introduced them to each other before taking her home.  Tonight is the Valentine's BBQ and tomorrow morning she's going to church with me, so we still have a good weekend together!!

And in the interim???
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies