Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:30:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 370950 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: June 16, 2010, 05:32:41 PM »

Well, at least he won't be completely inexperienced!  Of course, I'd "test the goods" before coughing a diamond ring.

Dude, be honest.  You wouldn't give up a ring from a cracker jack box without demanding to test the goods.  Roll Eyes

You're right.  Hell, I'd only cough up one night of dinner and drinks at the most.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #626 on: June 16, 2010, 06:19:26 PM »

Will you play Katy Perry's "California Gurls" are your wedding reception? Please?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #627 on: June 16, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »

I'll do the next one for you if it makes you feel any better.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #628 on: June 17, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »

I will get laid by one more person the rest of my life and that not until our wedding night at the earliest.  When she becomes my wife, she'll be the next one, and last one, to lay me!!  The good thing with this woman, is there is absolutely no chance of having sex before we're married.  Heck, we may not even have a full fledged kiss until we lock lips in front of the church at the wedding ceremony.  Right now, we're kissing on the lips, but it's just a peck on the lips, not anything more than that.

disturbing.  very disturbing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #629 on: June 18, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »

We are set up to have a fun weekend.  This evening, we are going to down to church youth camp in southern Oklahoma for the evening to meet up with our youth that have been there since Monday.  We're leaving here around 2:30 this afternoon (2 hours from now) and then should be home by 1:30 tomorrow morning.  Saturday, my cousin may open her swimming pool and she has invited us to join her in the pool.  (My cousin's husband is in Washington State visiting his dad for Father's Day.)  Then, I am going with Susan to her church Sunday morning on Father's Day Sunday, like I went with her on Mother's Day Sunday.

Also, later this month on June 29, we are going to have a big meeting with both mothers, my father, my grandmother, and our matron of honor and best man and discuss the budget and everyone's responsibilities for the next 9 months.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #630 on: June 18, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »

We are set up to have a fun weekend.  This evening, we are going to down to church youth camp in southern Oklahoma for the evening to meet up with our youth that have been there since Monday.  We're leaving here around 2:30 this afternoon (2 hours from now) and then should be home by 1:30 tomorrow morning.  Saturday, my cousin may open her swimming pool and she has invited us to join her in the pool.  (My cousin's husband is in Washington State visiting his dad for Father's Day.)  Then, I am going with Susan to her church Sunday morning on Father's Day Sunday, like I went with her on Mother's Day Sunday.

Also, later this month on June 29, we are going to have a big meeting with both mothers, my father, my grandmother, and our matron of honor and best man and discuss the budget and everyone's responsibilities for the next 9 months.

Dude.. RELAX!

If this one runs.. oh, I wouldn't know what to tell ya.  I've NEVER seen a guy get this excited over a wedding.  Hell, I've never seen a woman plan this much and this far in advance.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #631 on: June 19, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »

Dude.. RELAX!

If this one runs.. oh, I wouldn't know what to tell ya.  I've NEVER seen a guy get this excited over a wedding.  Hell, I've never seen a woman plan this much and this far in advance.

In the 21st century, it takes a good year to plan a good wedding.  We're not doing major planning, yet, but we are getting the pieces in place so we're not stressed after the First of the Year.  I know I've shared this with you, but we've got another six weeks before we move into the next phase of our engagement.  There are basically four phases in our engagement.  The first phase is minor planning and continuing to get to know each other and that lasts from April-July.  The second phase is marriage counseling and more minor-moderate planning for the months of August-October.  The third phase is the moderate-heavy planning that goes November and December.  The final phase is the really heavy and intense planning and the homestretch from January 1 - April 8.  This, of course, is a customized phase list for our wedding and is different for every wedding.  We will, as stated above, be entering the marriage counselling phase at the beginning of August which starts six weeks from tomorrow.  That phase should be over by Halloween, but it could extend into the middle of November possibly.  One thing you need to know about me, and you probably already do, I am a planner of the first degree.  Heck, I'm starting to plan out Christmas 2010 already even though we're just now approaching the halfway point between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010 (June 25).  I've got my airline reservations made for my vacation with my parents to see my brother in Jacksonville, Florida Christmas weekend.  We are physically seeing more and more all the time as the weeks move along and are going on real dates at least once a month.  When we are married, I promised her we will have a weekly date night.  Back to the advance planning.  We are already starting to think about her 27th birthday in October 2011 and beyond that our first anniversary in April 2012.  Both will involve trips to southern Arizona.

I've also counted it up and I've got 197 more working days until my wedding vacation.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #632 on: June 20, 2010, 02:16:59 AM »

Dude.. RELAX!

In the 21st century, it takes a good year to plan a good wedding.  We're not doing major planning, yet, but we are getting the pieces in place so we're not stressed after the First of the Year.  I know I've shared this with you, but we've got another six weeks before we move into the next phase of our engagement.  There are basically four phases in our engagement.  The first phase is minor planning and continuing to get to know each other and that lasts from April-July.  The second phase is marriage counseling and more minor-moderate planning for the months of August-October.  The third phase is the moderate-heavy planning that goes November and December.  The final phase is the really heavy and intense planning and the homestretch from January 1 - April 8.  This, of course, is a customized phase list for our wedding and is different for every wedding.  We will, as stated above, be entering the marriage counselling phase at the beginning of August which starts six weeks from tomorrow.  That phase should be over by Halloween, but it could extend into the middle of November possibly.  One thing you need to know about me, and you probably already do, I am a planner of the first degree.  Heck, I'm starting to plan out Christmas 2010 already even though we're just now approaching the halfway point between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010 (June 25).  I've got my airline reservations made for my vacation with my parents to see my brother in Jacksonville, Florida Christmas weekend.  We are physically seeing more and more all the time as the weeks move along and are going on real dates at least once a month.  When we are married, I promised her we will have a weekly date night.  Back to the advance planning.  We are already starting to think about her 27th birthday in October 2011 and beyond that our first anniversary in April 2012.  Both will involve trips to southern Arizona.

I've also counted it up and I've got 197 more working days until my wedding vacation.

That is what I call overplanning.  Really.  Your job is to sit back, watch football, drink some beers and enjoy the poonanny after she finishes her "wedding planning" and episode of who knows what on Lifetime.  The man's job is to go with the flow.  Not "plan" on when to get to know each other, etc.  This could be why your past 2 walked dude.  You are not sounding like the man here.       
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #633 on: June 20, 2010, 02:27:04 AM »

Dude.. RELAX!

That is what I call overplanning.  Really.  Your job is to sit back, watch football, drink some beers and enjoy the poonanny after she finishes her "wedding planning" and episode of who knows what on Lifetime.  The man's job is to go with the flow.  Not "plan" on when to get to know each other, etc.  This could be why your past 2 walked dude.  You are not sounding like the man here.       
I think that would be a plus since the women i know would much rather have their future husband involved in the planning. I know I would so it would be half the damn work.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #634 on: June 20, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »

Dude.. RELAX!

I think that would be a plus since the women i know would much rather have their future husband involved in the planning. I know I would so it would be half the damn work.

Women also say the want "a nice guy".  We all know how that turns out. 
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #635 on: June 20, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »

Dude.. RELAX!

it turns out great. if you are referring to women in their late 20's or later. teen generally want to the bad boys cant do much of anything in the way that a kind man can.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #636 on: June 20, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »

Dude.. RELAX!

it turns out great. if you are referring to women in their late 20's or later. teen generally want to the bad boys cant do much of anything in the way that a kind man can.

I'll admit it has gotten a lot easier for me past the age of 25.  Before that it was next to impossible for me to date ANYONE.  Not saying BushOK should be the "bad boy", but reading his posts are painful and I hate to admit it, he sounds very feminine with planning the wedding and sh**t.  He needs to just let things happen.  And be a man.  Drink a beer.  Watch a football game.  Push for sex. 
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: June 20, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »

Dude.. RELAX!

I'll admit it has gotten a lot easier for me past the age of 25.  Before that it was next to impossible for me to date ANYONE.  Not saying BushOK should be the "bad boy", but reading his posts are painful and I hate to admit it, he sounds very feminine with planning the wedding and sh**t.  He needs to just let things happen.  And be a man.  Drink a beer.  Watch a football game.  Push for sex. 
if you are saying he is a pushover then maybe. but his planning is not bad. 'feminine' is not bad at all. funny how you have a standard on how men should act. can you get out of the serotypes for once?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #638 on: June 20, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »

Flyers should really be barred from posting on any thread related to women whatsoever.  Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #639 on: June 20, 2010, 02:46:29 PM »

Let me just say I love you, Flyers.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #640 on: June 20, 2010, 03:23:48 PM »

Let him do as he wishes. I think it's very cute and nice Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #641 on: June 20, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »

Let me just say I love you, Flyers.

Right back at ya!  You have to be one of the best Republicans to ever post on here.  

Kinda miss Phil chewing me out on this.  Now I have Annie.  Note how this is never partisan.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #642 on: June 20, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »

Dude.. RELAX!

if you are saying he is a pushover then maybe. but his planning is not bad. 'feminine' is not bad at all. funny how you have a standard on how men should act. can you get out of the serotypes for once?

Men should not be planning weddings.  We should only worry about the tux, paying for the thing (or how much it'll cost us), how not to get an STD during the bachelor party, and getting to the altar/justice of peace.

And again, I wish the best for BushOK and hate seeing him getting screwed around and his hopes up.  He is reminding me of a certain Cajun character from King of the Hill plus the fact he seems too hyper over this wedding.  This is not his role.   
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #643 on: June 20, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »

Flyers should really be barred from posting on any thread related to women whatsoever.  Wink

Facist much?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #644 on: June 20, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2010, 06:06:46 PM by Annie Oakley »

We are set up to have a fun weekend.  This evening, we are going to down to church youth camp in southern Oklahoma for the evening to meet up with our youth that have been there since Monday.  We're leaving here around 2:30 this afternoon (2 hours from now) and then should be home by 1:30 tomorrow morning.  Saturday, my cousin may open her swimming pool and she has invited us to join her in the pool.  (My cousin's husband is in Washington State visiting his dad for Father's Day.)  Then, I am going with Susan to her church Sunday morning on Father's Day Sunday, like I went with her on Mother's Day Sunday.

Dude.. RELAX!

If this one runs.. oh, I wouldn't know what to tell ya.  I've NEVER seen a guy get this excited over a wedding.  Hell, I've never seen a woman plan this much and this far in advance.

In the 21st century, it takes a good year to plan a good wedding.  We're not doing major planning, yet, but we are getting the pieces in place so we're not stressed after the First of the Year.  I know I've shared this with you, but we've got another six weeks before we move into the next phase of our engagement.  There are basically four phases in our engagement.  The first phase is minor planning and continuing to get to know each other and that lasts from April-July.  The second phase is marriage counseling and more minor-moderate planning for the months of August-October.  The third phase is the moderate-heavy planning that goes November and December.  The final phase is the really heavy and intense planning and the homestretch from January 1 - April 8.  This, of course, is a customized phase list for our wedding and is different for every wedding.  We will, as stated above, be entering the marriage counselling phase at the beginning of August which starts six weeks from tomorrow.  That phase should be over by Halloween, but it could extend into the middle of November possibly.  One thing you need to know about me, and you probably already do, I am a planner of the first degree.  Heck, I'm starting to plan out Christmas 2010 already even though we're just now approaching the halfway point between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010 (June 25).  I've got my airline reservations made for my vacation with my parents to see my brother in Jacksonville, Florida Christmas weekend.  We are physically seeing more and more all the time as the weeks move along and are going on real dates at least once a month.  When we are married, I promised her we will have a weekly date night.  Back to the advance planning.  We are already starting to think about her 27th birthday in October 2011 and beyond that our first anniversary in April 2012.  Both will involve trips to southern Arizona.

That is what I call overplanning.  Really.  Your job is to sit back, watch football, drink some beers and enjoy the poonanny after she finishes her "wedding planning" and episode of who knows what on Lifetime.  The man's job is to go with the flow.  Not "plan" on when to get to know each other, etc.  This could be why your past 2 walked dude.  You are not sounding like the man here.        

Women also say the want "a nice guy".  We all know how that turns out.  

I'll admit it has gotten a lot easier for me past the age of 25.  Before that it was next to impossible for me to date ANYONE.  Not saying BushOK should be the "bad boy", but reading his posts are painful and I hate to admit it, he sounds very feminine with planning the wedding and sh**t.  He needs to just let things happen.  And be a man.  Drink a beer.  Watch a football game.  Push for sex.  

Men should not be planning weddings.  We should only worry about the tux, paying for the thing (or how much it'll cost us), how not to get an STD during the bachelor party, and getting to the altar/justice of peace.

And again, I wish the best for BushOK and hate seeing him getting screwed around and his hopes up.  He is reminding me of a certain Cajun character from King of the Hill plus the fact he seems too hyper over this wedding.  This is not his role.    
you know I don't think you should be dishing out advice since no woman seems to want to be around you long enough to be engaged to you.

you have a funny way of mixing stereotypes of a punk version of a man with concern of bushok's feelings.
before you open your mouth of this topic could you a not be so sexist. And b) what the hell?  did you really just go there? oh right you did hence the single and getting none.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #645 on: June 20, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »

Dude.. RELAX!

Men should not be planning weddings.  We should only worry about the tux, paying for the thing (or how much it'll cost us), how not to get an STD during the bachelor party, and getting to the altar/justice of peace.

And again, I wish the best for BushOK and hate seeing him getting screwed around and his hopes up.  He is reminding me of a certain Cajun character from King of the Hill plus the fact he seems too hyper over this wedding.  This is not his role.   
you know I don't think you should be dishing out advice since no woman seems to want to be around you long enough to be engaged to you.

you have a funny way of mixing stereotypes of a punk version of a man with concern of bushok's feelings.
before you open your mouth of this topic could you a not be so sexist. And b) what the hell?  did you really just go there? oh right you did hence the single and getting none.

Also, in the 21st century it is customary for the groom and his parents to help out in the wedding planning, especially if said persons are helping to pay for the wedding.  For instance, I am paying for a few things and my mother and dad are paying for the photography, a $500+ investment all on its own.  I really have to watch my finances because I am starting to get low on available credit card funds.  Of course, in the past 6 weeks, I have put an $1,800 honeymoon and a $600 plane ticket for Christmas weekend this year to Jacksonville, Florida on my credit card.  I had two credit cards, but thankfully, I paid one of them off completely in June.  So, I'm down to one massive credit card bill.  I pay quite a bit on each month, so it should ssssslllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwlllllyyyyyy come down.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #646 on: June 20, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »

Facist much?

Wink tends to mean someone's not entirely serious.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #647 on: June 22, 2010, 08:25:55 PM »

Annie, I'm sure if I've pursued a few of the women in my past, I could have been married now if I wanted to.  I'm just picky.  I'm not advertising myself as a Don Juan.  In fact I'm far from it.  I've been screwed over from by my fair share of women as well.   
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #648 on: June 22, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »

Annie, I'm sure if I've pursued a few of the women in my past, I could have been married now if I wanted to.  I'm just picky.  I'm not advertising myself as a Don Juan.  In fact I'm far from it.  I've been screwed over from by my fair share of women as well.   
you are just picky? LOL and everyone can tell you have women problems, it shows.  All I am saying is saying a man should be a certain way just makes you sound dumb. that is all.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #649 on: June 22, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

Annie must be a special case, because in my experience, the nice guy never gets the girl. Girls want guys who they feel can protect them and stand up to people who do them hard. That's all I want to say in this matter because I really don't want to read that whole argument.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies