Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:50:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 370951 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2010, 12:19:24 PM »

Things must be a little different in Oklahoma than in Charleston or North Carolina. I'm glad it worked out for you! Next time, have her cook for you. The best part about a girl, I find, outside of sex, is her ability to cook and clean. This girl I know always cleans my dorm for me on the weekends and helps with my laundry. Next year, she promised to cook for me and my roommate every night - as long as we provided the food to do so, of course.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »

Things must be a little different in Oklahoma than in Charleston or North Carolina. I'm glad it worked out for you! Next time, have her cook for you. The best part about a girl, I find, outside of sex, is her ability to cook and clean. This girl I know always cleans my dorm for me on the weekends and helps with my laundry. Next year, she promised to cook for me and my roommate every night - as long as we provided the food to do so, of course.

You are one lucky guy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2010, 11:42:45 PM »

I think you've got even more incentive to lose weight now! A good early date idea is to cook together ... find something that's semi-difficult to make and give it a shot. You learn a lot about each other in situations like that: whether she's a follower or leader, a planner or someone who dives into things, messy or clean or OCD ... it can be a fun activity.

That way you can keep your meals healthy for you, too!

That's a good idea.  She does fix meals for her mother and her grandmother, so I know she can cook.  I may have to have her fix me up a little dish of something and then teach me how to cook, too, so if we do end up tying the knot, I can help her in the kitchen or even cook her some meals.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2010, 11:49:27 PM »

so if we do end up tying the knot, I can help her in the kitchen or even cook her some meals.

may be getting ahead of yourself here again sir,
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2010, 11:49:56 PM »

Only ironic celebrities and Oklahomans can get away with taking a date to IHOP.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2010, 11:52:06 PM »

I think you've got even more incentive to lose weight now! A good early date idea is to cook together ... find something that's semi-difficult to make and give it a shot. You learn a lot about each other in situations like that: whether she's a follower or leader, a planner or someone who dives into things, messy or clean or OCD ... it can be a fun activity.

That way you can keep your meals healthy for you, too!

That's a good idea.  She does fix meals for her mother and her grandmother, so I know she can cook.  I may have to have her fix me up a little dish of something and then teach me how to cook, too, so if we do end up tying the knot, I can help her in the kitchen or even cook her some meals.

Don't simply ask her to cook for you. Try to get her to offer. The first time I got my current girl to cook for me, we were sitting in the dining hall on campus, and I started saying how I missed my mom's egg salad, to which she offered to make it for me. The rest was history.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2010, 11:54:48 PM »

so if we do end up tying the knot, I can help her in the kitchen or even cook her some meals.

may be getting ahead of yourself here again sir,

possibly, but even if we don't it would still help me have more kitchen-table dinners, not restaurant-table dinners.  It would really help on my weight, which I'll admit, I didn't do that good in January with only losing a total of four pounds.  Its not near where I would like.  Now, I'm down to a little over 9 1/2 months until my November 15th goal of reaching 185 pounds.  I'm still at 253.0.

That's a good idea, as well, Duke.  I don't want to potentially push any of the wrong buttons, but if I can get her to offer to cook, that would be even more special.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2010, 11:55:57 PM »

Its food fare is crap. Other than that, if you are on a limited budget, it is OK for a date. Don't pretend to be what you are not. I would recommend however, after eating the pancake crap (bad for the diet, and its non breakfast food is almost non-digestible), I would suggest some activity with well, lower lights, even if it is making out in a car. JMO.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »

IHOP is way too expensive and formal for a third date. How about Arby's or KFC?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2010, 12:03:43 AM »

Its food fare is crap. Other than that, if you are on a limited budget, it is OK for a date. Don't pretend to be what you are not. I would recommend however, after eating the pancake crap (bad for the diet, and its non breakfast food is almost non-digestible), I would suggest some activity with well, lower lights, even if it is making out in a car. JMO.

We're still quite a ways from that, yet.  She is comfortable with giving me a little peck on the cheek, which is fine, but neither of us are comfortable with advancing, yet.  The thing I'm going to have to get used to is she told me she's not a very affectionate person such as hand-holding and stuff like that.  She likes to hug, but as far as holding hands, she's not too keen on that.  It doesn't mean she doesn't love me, but that its just not her cup of tea.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2010, 12:07:06 AM »

We're still quite a ways from that, yet.  She is comfortable with giving me a little peck on the cheek, which is fine, but neither of us are comfortable with advancing, yet.  The thing I'm going to have to get used to is she told me she's not a very affectionate person such as hand-holding and stuff like that.  She likes to hug, but as far as holding hands, she's not too keen on that.  It doesn't mean she doesn't love me, but that its just not her cup of tea.

You're already using the term 'love' to describe your affection? It took me 5 months to tell my last long term girlfriend I loved her, and I never got to tell the more current one's that, yet. That's pretty fast to move!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »

We're still quite a ways from that, yet.  She is comfortable with giving me a little peck on the cheek, which is fine, but neither of us are comfortable with advancing, yet.  The thing I'm going to have to get used to is she told me she's not a very affectionate person such as hand-holding and stuff like that.  She likes to hug, but as far as holding hands, she's not too keen on that.  It doesn't mean she doesn't love me, but that its just not her cup of tea.

You're already using the term 'love' to describe your affection? It took me 5 months to tell my last long term girlfriend I loved her, and I never got to tell the more current one's that, yet. That's pretty fast to move!

Well, considering I've technically known this girl for nearly 18 months, its not really that soon.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2010, 12:29:22 AM »

Here it goes again.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2010, 12:38:45 AM »

As I said before, this is not going to be nearly as fast as the Tiffanye saga.  This should be a lot more appealing to the nerves.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2010, 01:07:50 AM »

As I said before, this is not going to be nearly as fast as the Tiffanye saga.  This should be a lot more appealing to the nerves.

Already making your post-marriage food plans when she's only pecked you on your cheek after a date at IHOP exactly taking it slow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2010, 01:17:50 AM »

Already making your post-marriage food plans when she's only pecked you on your cheek after a date at IHOP exactly taking it slow.

You're also reading too much into it.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2010, 01:18:54 AM »

1) BushOK -- don't wait for her to offer to cook! That's really nice and convenient if she's into the servant thing, but you can make a cheap and fun date out of deciding to cook something together. Suggest it! Pick out a recipe that takes an hour or so of preparation (and maybe another hour or so of cooking) and go for it! Trust me, it's enjoyable to cook with someone you're getting to know. If you need suggestions on recipes, let me know.

2) She may not be a very affectionate person in public, but a lot of people -- men and women -- don't like public displays of affection. Don't take that as a bad sign. Some people just don't want their feelings broadcast to everyone else.

3) WAY too early for the L-word to enter the equation. She doesn't love you yet. And you don't love her. You can be close, you can enjoy each others' company, but after two dates, there's no love. When you feel it, you'll know. I think know this already, and you've got the right idea ... take things one date at a time and SLOW ... but keep that ever-present in your mind.

4) Keep working on your weight loss! If I were closer to Oklahoma, I'd offer to be your personal trainer and shed another 75 pounds off of you in no time. But keep working at it ... trust me, a healthy, in-shape body is worth it!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2010, 03:35:14 AM »

IHOP is way too expensive and formal for a third date. How about Arby's or KFC?

Too classy.  Maybe McDonalds?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2010, 09:28:46 AM »

I agree with the other horny old man, here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »

I got a call from Susan this morning and she wants to be my girlfriend. Smiley  I accepted, naturally.  I'll just put it bluntly, she is falling head over heels for me and the feeling is mutual.  Everything is going just great.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »

I got a call from Susan this morning and she wants to be my girlfriend. Smiley  I accepted, naturally.  I'll just put it bluntly, she is falling head over heels for me and the feeling is mutual.  Everything is going just great.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:32 PM »

Do people really formally ask that kind of question? I've never asked a girl to "be my girlfriend" before or experienced it the other way around. Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2010, 02:55:38 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seconded.  I'd wait at least a month.  Again, I'd likely be in the same boat and need people to tell me the same.  You need to be in the driver's seat here Bushie.  And right now, you can easily be in that position.  Just sit back and let her be the eager one. 
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:45 PM »

Do people really formally ask that kind of question? I've never asked a girl to "be my girlfriend" before or experienced it the other way around. Smiley

It happens in middle school. And Oklahoma, apparently.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2010, 12:59:51 AM »

I got a call from Susan this morning and she wants to be my girlfriend. Smiley  I accepted, naturally.  I'll just put it bluntly, she is falling head over heels for me and the feeling is mutual.  Everything is going just great.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seconded.  I'd wait at least a month.  Again, I'd likely be in the same boat and need people to tell me the same.  You need to be in the driver's seat here Bushie.  And right now, you can easily be in that position.  Just sit back and let her be the eager one. 

I know I need to go slow and we still are.  This may be a quick step, but like I said, we've known each other for the better part of 18 months and have always been good friends.  So, if you think of it that way, its definitely not too fast.  Look at it this way, we are already going slower than I did with Tiffanye.  If you throw out the past 18 months and just go with the past two weeks, then its already slower.  12 days into my relationship with Tiffanye, I proposed to her.  We were boyfriend/girlfriend after about 3-4 hours.  Susan and I are 14 days into our dating and we're just now boyfriend/girlfriend.  Next step is TBA...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies